Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Conflict GiveWP causes customfields to disappear for custom user role backend

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by glenn 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
without givewp active.JPG
with givewp active.JPG

I am trying to: Make custom fields editable for custom role created by access.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
It is a backend thing

I expected to see:
The custom fields editable for that role(access settings are ok for editing these fields)

Instead, I got:
Missing fields for this role. Disabling GiveWP i can see the fields. But i don't know if it is a problem in Give WP or Toolset. This is a new version for this site. I did not have this problem in the old site.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've performed some tests using custom user roles and the 'GiveWP – Donation Plugin' but couldn't reproduce this issue. Also, the admin access details that you've provided for the website don't seem to work either.

To troubleshoot this, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme, and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

2. It would be interesting to test this with all extra plugins (i.e. other than Toolset and GiveWP) disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one by one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue still persists, I'll need a clone/snapshot of the website, to investigate this on a different server.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Please let me know how it goes and I've set your next reply as private.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

Even with the detailed troubleshooting with the similar custom user role and capabilities, I still couldn't reproduce this on a test website.

Can you please try creating a duplicator package excluding the 'uploads' folder? This will greatly reduce the overall package size.
( ref: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ )

In case you run into some difficulty, let me know and I'll try creating one on my own. I've set your next reply as private again.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the duplicator package.

I'll perform some further investigation on this clone and will keep you updated on the findings.

Thank you for your patience.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting as this troubleshooting turned out more complex than I initially expected.

While I can see the issue on your website and its clone on my server, I'm still not able to reproduce this on a fresh/clean website.

I've shared these findings with the concerned team for further investigation and will keep you updated through this ticket.

Hi Waqar,

thank you for the update and looking further into it. I hope the team can find and solve the issue. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Waqar,

I was wondering if there is any news on this issue yet. Look forward to hearing from you.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for checking in.

Our investigation has confirmed that if Types, Access, Forms, and GiveWP plugins are active, custom field groups from Types are not shown on the post edit screen to any user role, other than "administrator".

Deactivating any one of Access or Forms or GiveWP makes the custom field group meta boxes re-appear.

I'm afraid, I still don't have any news about the time estimate, but, I'll keep you updated through this ticket.

Hi Waqar,

ok thank you for the update. I hope you will find a solution soon.

Kind regards,

Glenn