Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Confirmation emails are not being sent when form is submitted

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I've been trouble shooting why confirmation emails are not being sent after user submits form. (Many users having problems) We have been using this function for years with no issues. We are using Fluent SMTP and have tried a different email from a different host, but that didn't solve the issue. It could be a toolset update?

The email servers appear to be working. Password reset emails work fine. Test emails from Fluent SMTP work fine. I was able to "resend" the failed email via Fluent SMTP and that went out fine

Here is the form in question: hidden link
You can test that out if you like.

Here is the error info from Flluent SMTP contained in each failed email. (I have removed the email with a test email):

{
  "code": 422,
  "message": "The following From address failed: name@email.com : MAIL FROM command failed,Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable\r\nSender address is not allowed.\r\n,550,SMTP server error: MAIL FROM command failed Detail: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable\r\nSender address is not allowed.\r\n SMTP code: 550",
  "errors": [
    "The following From address failed: name@email.com : MAIL FROM command failed,Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable\r\nSender address is not allowed.\r\n,550,SMTP server error: MAIL FROM command failed Detail: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable\r\nSender address is not allowed.\r\n SMTP code: 550"
  ]
}

Thank you!

Marge

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Marge,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Looking into the error message that you shared and some others in the FluentSMTP error log, the failed messages are being rejected due to the 'From' email address that is set in the email notifications.

In the form 'Talent Registration', two email notifications are set to use the sender or from email '{email address removed}'. The FluentSMTP seems to think this email address is invalid or not defined. Can you change that to the other email address '{email address removed}' and test the form notifications again?
( this other email address is being used for the default WordPress emails that are being sent successfully )

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

Can you hide the emails in the above support ticket as these tickets are indexed publicly?

Hi, this was due to the default email set in the SMTP program. I changed that and it's working. So, there is a default email with other emails listed in the SMTP. The Toolset form "send" email was not being respected. I'm not sure if this is a Fluent SMTP issue or a Toolset issue. If I try to use a different address than the default, I get the error.

Thank you!
Marge

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing this update and I've removed the specific email addresses from my last message.

SMTP handlers like Fluent SMTP can force changes to email headers like the 'From' address and an override like this is normal.

Glad that it is sorted and you're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.