Skip Navigation

[Resolved] conditional on radio field

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I have a custom field that I need to use for a conditional view to display an image. I need help creating it. Can you help me?

Here is a screenshot of the radio field. I need to create a shortcode for a Divi text module to display an image if the value for the "champion-belt" field is "Yes".

And display thumbnails from a repeating image field.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Eric, I tested on a clean install and I was able to get the thumbnails using the following shortcode:

[types field='images' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' size='thumbnail' resize='proportional' separator=', '][/types]

You can check it here hidden link

Please login with the following URL hidden link
Install the Divi theme, and let's check together if we can make it work.

Hi Jamal. Thank you for testing. Unfortunately, even with the new types script, Divi displays the images as full-width. 🙁

hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

My apologies for the late reply, but I do not work on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Would you allow me temporary access to your website to check this further? Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Hi again Jamal. I have one more issue. I can't find the right code to display fights on fighter posts. Please see hidden link

Any help appreciated. 🙂 Eric

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/display-related-posts-2/

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Eric, I am not sure to find where do you try to add the thumbnails. The following content template does not seem to be picked for fighters:
hidden link
Are you adding it inside the Divi builder? Can you share a direct URL where I can see it?

Hi Jamal. Sorry about that. They're handled by the Divi Theme Builder as a custom layout. Please watch hidden link

🙂 Eric

Sorry. I meant custom template. 🙂

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you Eric!

Before going further on this, I need to explain that the integration with Divi 4 is limited. Using shortcodes inside Divi 4 is not completely integrated. In fact, we have published about it a year ago here https://toolset.com/2019/10/toolset-and-divi-4-issues/

Starting from Toolset Blocks 1.4, we have produced a new Divi module, called the Toolset Views module. Divi team has published about it here hidden link and we have a documentation lesson about it here https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-divi/

This being said, the supported integration with Divi, right now, is through the Toolset Views module.

Currently, you are adding the images to the Divi template using an intermediate Toolset content template "Fighter Photos(#2643 )". I was able to add a Toolset gallery inside of it, which produced the following results hidden link
However, it is not using the thumbnails of the images. It is actually using full-size images.
This gallery is a Toolset gallery block with a dynamic source to the "Fighters photos" custom field.

Currently, the gallery block does not use thumbnails. I believe that we'll support thumbnails in an upcoming release. Let me know if this is a viable solution for you. Or if you need to generate thumbnails instead of full-size images.

Looking forward to your reply.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.