Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Create an account using Forms, send email notification, and redirect to Thanks for signing up!

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have a Create Users Toolset Form that should trigger an email notification and redirect the User to a custom Page after submission. When I try to register a User, no email is triggered and the redirect never occurs.

Solution: In this case, the problem was an error message was not displayed in the Form when submitting an email address that was already in use. It looked like the Form should be submitting when in fact the Form should be displaying a validation message. Replacing the "form messages" field in the Form builder was the critical step here, so that validation messages can be displayed effectively. A couple of other minor changes in the Form builder were also necessary:
- Change the email notification trigger from "When submitting the form with payment details" to "When a new user is created by this form".
- Change the recipients information to include the First Name and Last Name fields.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/send-notifications-when-someone-submits-the-form/

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by yoshihikoH 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Please see the attached image.
I have set the userform to transition to the "Thanks sign-up page", but it does not transition.
I can't identify what's wrong with userform to work properly.

Reference information
toolset is the latest version.
The theme is WordPress twenty twenty-one

I need your support.

Regards,

userform-1.png

I forgot the attached file, so I will send it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This is really strange.

As I understand, as soon as user submit the form you wanted to redirect user to the page which you configured - right?

Can you please share problem URL where you added your form and admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

When I try to access the admin panel it shows the following page. Please check the following screenshot: hidden link

Can you please send me working admin access and make sure there is no security blocks.

Dear minesh,

I canceled the security settings on the server side (access from overseas). I'm very sorry.
Please try again.

Regards,

Yoshihiko

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please share the URL to register the users as well and what form you are using?

Dear minesh,

Thank you for your polite support.
First of all, I would like to apologize to you.
I changed my Japanese site to English.
I apologize for the fact that I have been using the Japanese site for a long time while asking you for support.

I think my site is finally getting your support.
I would like to show you how to register an account.
Check the main menu.

login → I do n’t have an account yet. login → create an account

I cannot register as a user with create an account.
Because I can't register for an account, I can't move to the thanks signing up! page.

Regards,

Yoshihiko

Minesh
Supporter

I changed the form's action on submit and I can see it redirect on the thank you page.

Can you please confirm.

Dear minesh,

Thank you for your support.

I tested it immediately, but the user was not registered.
My test environment is as follows.
1. I used a different pc and a different internet connection.
2. I used a smartphone and used a different internet connection.
I logged in in the above two environments, but the system did not work.
Is there a problem with my testing method? Or is there another problem?

By the way, apart from the above tests, please tell me a little bit about what you have fixed.
Did you have a problem with my setup? Or did you find another problem and fix it?

I have confirmed that toolset-test-1 has been registered for users in my dashboard. So I think the system is working in your environment.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but could you please verify again?

Regards,

Yoshihiko

Minesh
Supporter

Well - as you can see, when I submit the form it successfully creates a new user.

I'm not sure why when you try it does not create a new user as I can not test on your PC or on your mobile.

Dear minesh,

Thank you for contacting me.
I think what you are saying is justified.
However, I want to solve this problem.
May I end this support ticket and ask other supporters the same question?

Regards,

Yoshihiko

Dear minesh,

By the way, let me ask you another question.
Can you tell me what you have corrected?
So I want to know what went wrong in my settings.

Regards,

Yoshihiko

Minesh
Supporter

I just edited your form and make the form to send the notification on submit - I just did not change anything else.

Do you have any other support person in mind to whom I should transfer the ticket to - Shane?

Dear minesh,

Thank you for contacting me.

Yes, I would like MR. Christian Cox to share this issue.
By the way, my test was done in chrome secret mode, so please share that as well.

Thank you for your kind support.

Regards,

Yoshihiko

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 5.00.48 PM.png

Hello, Minesh asked me to take a look at this ticket and try to help. I understand you have a Form here that registers new Users:
hidden link

The Form can be found in wp-admin here:
hidden link

Upon registration, the User is redirected to the Page "Thanks for Signing Up!" here:
hidden link

I tested everything out by submitting the Form to create a new User. I added information in all the fields, then completed the RECAPTCHA validation. When I submitted the Form, I was redirected to the "Thanks for signing up!" page as expected. The User "toolset-test-2" was created successfully, but I used an invalid email address to register, so I could not verify the email notification was working as expected.

To verify the notification is working as expected, I submitted the Form once again using a valid email address. I did not receive a notification, so I checked the notification settings. I made two adjustments (see the screenshot for more details):
- I changed the notification trigger from "When submitting the form with payment details" to "When a new user is created by this form". This is the appropriate trigger, since the Form contains no payment details. The payment details option should only be used in conjunction with WooCommerce Forms.
- I changed the recipients information to include the First Name and Last Name fields.

I also temporarily enabled the WP Mail Logging plugin. This plugin monitors the WordPress email queue function wp_mail and keeps a log of all emails sent by the site. This should help determine whether the system attempted to send an email but failed for some reason, or if the system sent an email successfully but it was blocked by the server because of a spam filter, another security system, etc.

Once again I submitted the Form and a new User was successfully created. This time, I received the email notification. I will send you a screenshot of that email in a private message in just a moment.

So after those two adjustments in the email notification, everything seems to be working as expected for me. The User is registered successfully, redirection happens as expected, and the automatic notification is sent as expected.

Can you provide more details about your testing method and the results? For example:
- Are you able to see the RECAPTCHA validation and complete the RECAPTCHA puzzle successfully?
- What happens when you attempt to submit the Form - is an error message displayed? Are there any JavaScript errors in the browser console? Are you redirected to a different URL? What is the final destination URL after you submit the Form?
- I kept the WP Mail Logging plugin active for testing purposes. After you submit the Form, is an email notification added in the WP Mail Log? You can see find mail log here: /wp-admin/tools.php?page=wpml_plugin_log. Anytime an email is triggered using the wp_mail function, you should see a copy of the email appear here in the log. For example, you can now see the notification that was triggered when I submitted the User toolset-test-5.
- Please take a screenshot of the Form contents just before you submit the Form and include that screenshot in your next reply. I will try to create a User using the same registration details to see if I can replicate the problem you are experiencing.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.