Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Carousel

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ericF-5 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
carousel.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to create a carousel with related products, upsells and cross-sells, and others, but I don't want it to slide automatically like sliders with a view. I want something like an attached pitcure. Is there a way to do this?
Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Yes, screenshot below.
What is the link to your site?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

What if you try to create a slider view and display three items per page?
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/views-plugin/creating-sliders-with-types-and-views/

It seems that I don't have that view page option. In my Toolset dashboard, I have Post Type, Custom fields, Taxonomies, Template, Archive, and Forms.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please go to:
Toolset => Settings => General tab => Editing experience section => select the option " Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build " and then refresh the page and you should be able to see the views menu under Toolset menu.

I did that. Now I'm not sure how to create the same as the attached one. I followed the instructions but I seem to fail every time.

Toolset Slider.png

I did everything like in the attached link and when I want to display that slider, I get this message.

Minesh
Supporter

You will require to see the output on the frontend, it seems you are checking the output on the backend.

Untitled.png

This is on the front end, and I don't want it to slide automatically.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello there! Minesh won't be available for a couple of days. If you don't mind, I'll continue with you on this thread.

Regarding the automatic sliding of the slider, you can deactivate it by setting the view's AJAX option to be triggered manually.

Would you allow me temporary access to your website to check what you have built so far? Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Regarding the posts to display(related products, upsells and cross-sells, and others) I am not sure yet. I suggest discussing it once we get the slider to slide on demand instead of sliding after a period of time. Sounds good?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.