Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't see Template View Loop settings

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screen Shot 1399-01-20 at 09.30.12.png

Hi. I guess there is a bug in Toolset Blocks. I have created 2 templates. In the beginning and after I could see "View Loop Settings" so I could change (for example) the "Loop Style" or the number of Columns. But now I only see "Loop Template", "Style Settings" and "Advanced". I have been searching everywhere I could for the "Loop Style" settings but couldn't find them.
Please help me finding them (if I am missing something here) or fix this issue because it is driving me mad 🙁

Thank you very much for your support in advance,
Hamid.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I was just checking this myself, and it seems that if when you create a View in the first step you choose a table output format, you cannot later change your mind.

If you choose something else in the first step, e.g. a grid, then yes, you can in the View Loop block settings change this to something else (but not table!).

If you started out with table and then change your mind, there is no alternative but to delete the View and start again I'm afraid.

Hi Nigel,
This definitely is a bug because I can't even change the columns count. For sure I should be able to add or remove columns right?

And also, there is another bug. I wanted to hide a specific column and its heading for Mobile but it didn't hide. There is for sure another bug there because I saved the settings several times and nothing was changed in front-end.

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 16.43.50.png

It's certainly not very intuitive, but to alter the number of columns on an existing View using table output, you need to use select the Table Row block (you may want to use the Block navigation at the top of the page), see the screenshot.

I'll pass on some feedback to the developers about how difficult it is to find that.

As for hiding columns on different sized screens, there is no support for that currently.

I suggest you file a request for the feature to be added, here: https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

How is that not currently supported? You mean the "Hide element" toggle is not coming from Toolset?

Nigel
Supporter

Can you show me a screenshot of the hide element toggle, as I can't see it when I'm dealing with a table View on my own test site.

But I can confirm that changing the number of columns on different screensizes is not supported, you would need to request feature be added at the above link.

Screen Shot 1399-01-22 at 03.28.58.png

Here is the screenshot you requested.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Nigel is on vacation until Monday, so I'll be following up on this ticket.

Thank you for sharing that screenshot and I can see the "Hide element" option that you're referring to.

I'll need to perform some testing around it on my website and will update you with my findings through this ticket.

Thank you for your patience.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for waiting.

During testing on my own website, I was able to reproduce this issue with the "Hide element" option too.

We appreciate your report and I've shared these results with the concerned team for further review.

I'll keep you updated on the progress through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

I'd like to update that the latest releases of Toolset Blocks (1.2) and Views (3.2) include a fix for this issue.

You're welcome to update the plugins and let us know in case the issue still persists.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.