Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't Add Map to Toolset Template

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelB-49 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to add a map to the Toolset Template I've created for the LOCATIONS Post Type I've created, with Toolset Custom Fields. Unfortunately, when I click to add a map, it shows the settings briefly, for like half a second, and then errors out and just says "This block has encoutnered an error and can't be previewed."

Link to a page in the backend where the issue can be seen (you'll need to be logged in to see):
hidden link

I expected to see this work like it does for the map I created on this page, but for some reason in the dynamic template here it's failing to work: hidden link

Instead, I get the error noted above. One note -- I am using WP ALL IMPORT, which doesn't currently work with the ADDRESS Toolset field type, so it gets loaded into the custom field wpcf-address.

Not sure if this part of the problem or not, but figured it was worth a mention!

Thanks!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The access details that you've shared seem to be for a different website ( 'Adventures With My Dog' ).

Can you please share temporary admin login details for the website where this issue can be seen?

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the admin access details.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that no preview post was set in the "View with" field on the top.
( screenshot: hidden link )

I've selected one of the locations post and the error in the content template is fixed.

Next, I selected the "Address" field as the source in the Map block's setting and the map marker is showing now.
( screenshot: hidden link )

Thanks again Waqar! Had no idea that VIEW WITH needed to be selected for templates, but I do now, so should be good to go moving forward. Appreciate the help!!!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.