Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can’t add custom taxonomy terms for newly created taxonomy

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I just created a custom taxonomy connected to a custom post type. I am trying to add terms. I was able to do this with a different post type several toolset versions back.

Solution:

It is a site cache problem, please try to clear the cache and test again

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MargeP6083 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I just created a custom taxonomy connected to a custom post type. I am trying to add terms. I was able to do this with a different post type several toolset versions back. It worked fine before. Taxonomies are not managed by Access.

I am getting the error "Sorry, you are not allowed to do that." hidden link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link I set up a staging site that shows the same behavior.

Thanks!

Hello,

I have tried these in your website:
Dashboard-> Notices-> Notice Types:
hidden link
Add a new term "test", it works fine.

Is this problem resolved? please let me know if you need more assistance for it. thanks

Looks like it may have been a Siteground cache issue.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.