Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot read property 'blocks' of undefined in basic js

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by eddieW-2 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: Add a new custom taxonomy for a post type;

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: is in admin panel

I expected to see: The option from the "Post Types to be used with this Taxonomy"

Instead, I got:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'blocks' of undefined
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (basic.js:1037)
at i (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-u&load[]=i-tabs,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,wp-pointer,moxiejs,plupload&ver=5.0.1:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-u&load[]=i-tabs,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,wp-pointer,moxiejs,plupload&ver=5.0.1:2)
at Function.ready (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-u&load[]=i-tabs,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,wp-pointer,moxiejs,plupload&ver=5.0.1:2)
at HTMLDocument.K (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-u&load[]=i-tabs,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,wp-pointer,moxiejs,plupload&ver=5.0.1:2)

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

We've fixed a number of script errors shown in the console, in our recent Types plugin releases.

To troubleshoot this, I'll suggest the following points:

1. Please make sure that your WordPress and all plugins are up-to-date with the latest versions.

2. In case the issue still persists, please temporarily disable all plugins other than the Toolset plugins and then check the custom taxonomy settings page again.

3. To rule out any theme code compatibility issue, it would be a good idea to also test this with a default WordPress theme like "Twenty Nineteen".

4. If all the above steps fail, please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message. This will allow me to troubleshoot this issue even deeper.

Your next reply will be private so that only you and our support team will have access to it.

Important note: Please make a complete backup copy of the website, before sharing the access details.

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the login details.

Since I wasn't able to reproduce the same issue on my test website, it seems specific to your website.

As a next step, I'll need a snapshot/clone of your website, so that I can run some further tests on my own server.

We usually recommend the free Plugin “Duplicator” for this porpoise.
( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If you already know how Duplicator works, please skip the video tutorial that follows and just send me the installer file and the zipped package that you'll get.

Video tutorial:
hidden link

You probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big.

Important note: Please remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won’t be able to log in. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next reply as private so you can provide me the information securely.

regards,
Waqar

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue since last week, is there any updates on this issue?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.