Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot Filter Posts by Custom Taxonomy

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have created a custom taxonomy called "Variant" that is applied only to regular Posts. Variant has two terms, Episode and Article, that I use to distinguish between the two types of posts that I display on my website. (I tried creating custom post types with the same names, but I could not get them to work the same as regular posts in the Divi theme, which is why I opted for this implementation.)

Everything about my custom taxonomy works great, but I notice one shortcoming that I'd like to get help with.

On the main admin page for All Posts, it is possible to filter posts by Category and a variety of other criteria. However, I see no way to do this by using my custom taxonomy. It would be awesome to be able to go to the All Posts page and view all posts of type "Episode" for example, but I don't see any way to do this, and nothing in your documentation tells me how to modify the Admin page to include this functionality.

Perhaps this feature is simply not available. If so, can you add this as a feature request for a (near) future version?

Thanks,

David McLeod

Hello,

You are right, there isn't such kind of feature within Types plugin, and you can submit the feature request here:
https://toolset.com/forums/forum/professional-support/#feature-request

Our developers will evaluate it, and there isn't any ETA to implement it

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.