Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can not update Existing toolset view

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Trying to update Pagination and Sliders Settings, when clicking a new option: it tries to autosave and I get this: hidden link
which then does not allow me to make any changes on the page and upon refresh the old settings load.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Not at this moment.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Let me know if I can provide you with anything else you may need to solve this. Thanks.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Do you see any errors or warnings in the browser's console or in the server's error log?

An issue like this can be faced if a security plugin or server's security policy is somehow blocking/restricting the AJAX requests made through the "admin-ajax.php" file.

I'll recommend making sure that WordPress, active theme and all plugins are updated to the latest versions. It would also be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one-by-one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

In case the issue still persists, I'll need to see how this view is set up in the admin area and you can share temporary admin login details in reply to this message.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

I've randomly tested some existing views and noticed that none of them seem to be editable.

As no extra plugins are active, I suspect your host WP Engine is somehow restricting the AJAX calls to save the view.
( Are both the production and the development websites, hosted on WP Engine? )

You can raise this matter with the hosting company to check for any restrictions. In case they say that they haven't applied any, then I'll need a clone/snapshot of the website, to investigate this on a different server.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

I've set your next reply as private and to share a clone/snapshot, you can use any of these two plugins:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

Any update here or anything else I can provide?

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the website's clone.

I'm currently performing some tests and will share my findings, as soon as this testing completes.

Thank you for your patience.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that some routine that grants permissions was not run during an update to Views 3.

To fix this, the best solution is to manually remove one row from the options table of the database. The row key is "wpv_database_version". You can use a phpMyAdmin tool, or a plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-database-cleaner/ to remove this row. Once that row is removed, you'll be able to edit the views correctly.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.