Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can not edit title in lay out editor

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
screenshot_nieuws.PNG

I am trying to: edit lay out

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: a blank page, lay out is empte

Instead, I got: a page with featured image, post date and title

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Toolset Layouts will replace only the body part that means the the_content() . If the current theme is adding post title, featured image etc..etc. that is not the part of the the_content() you need to create a child theme.

Here are our recommended themes list: https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/

Those often offer such options, and nicely integrate them to Toolset Views (Content Templates) and Toolset Layouts (Template Layouts) so you can control them on your Custom Post Types and native types as well.

If you do that you can fully control the entire template, from and inclusive header to footer. But you will need to use Toolset Layouts for this, and a Theme that is manually integrated.

In your case you need to create a child theme and add the single post PHP template for your desired post type by copying the existing single post PHP template where you should adjust your single post content and remove the unwanted items like (post title, featured image, description etc..etc..)

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.