Skip Navigation

[Resolved] campo url botón social media

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
3.PNG
1 (2).PNG
1.PNG

I have three custom fields to enter social media url for each gym.
I want to extract the value of each of those fields to map to social buttons in Gutenberg within a view, but I can't find a way to make it work.
I am testing with this (first link)

-<ul class="wp-block-social-links aligncenter is-style-pill-shape"><!-- wp:social-link {"url":"[types field='twitter' output='raw'][/types]","service":"twitter"} /-->
<!-- wp:social-link {"url":"hidden link","service":"facebook"} /-->

(in the captures it looks better what I mean)

If you would be kind enough to help me.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand, you added the custom fields that holds the social share links.

Now, you want to assign this custom field value to your desired social media icon.

Toolset offers Social Share block: https://toolset.com/block-item/social-share/

Where you can link the custom field value to your social share icons but we have a known bug currently with this block and fix for that will be released soon by today or early next week.

Can you please confirm you want to link your custom field URLs to social share icons and correct me if I misunderstood your query.

I DO NOT want to share on social networks.
I am building a directory of entities. Each has its own social networks and its own website.
I have created URL fields (web page, twitter page, facebook page)
I want to assign each URL to a button so that it leads to your website or social network.
My english is very bad, sorry
Thanks for your attention, I await your indications

Minesh
Supporter

What I've said and what you told to me is same.

Can you please share problem URL where you want to display the social icons?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

To clarify the matter:

I don't need a share button.
I need a button to GO TO the url that I enter in the field.

Minesh
Supporter

This is known issue and will be addressed with the next Toolset Blocks/Views release.

I suggest you close the following duplicate ticket:
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/link-field-image-does-not-work/

I'll get in touch with you as soon as we publish hotfix Blocks/Views release.

Minesh
Supporter

I would like to inform you that Toolset Blocks 1.4.1 is published that contains the fix for this issue.

Can you please update Toolset Blocks plugin and try to resolve your issue. You can download the latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

This does not solve my problem.

I do not want to share on social networks as I already indicated.

I want to put icons that lead to the website or page of the company's social network.

I'm building a business directory system.

Thank you for your dedication but I'm afraid you didn't understand my problem

Minesh
Supporter

I already understand what you want.

I've added the grid block and within the grid block I've added the Toolset social share buttons facebook and twitter.
=> hidden link

We do not have Instagram.

You can adjust the icon's display as per your requirement.

I don't need buttons to share. I need votes to link to the facebook fanpage or the directory companies website.
Instagram does not allow sharing nor do I want to share, I just want to take to the client's instagram page
Thank you but your solution does not help me

Minesh
Supporter

I don't need buttons to share. I need votes to link to the facebook fanpage or the directory companies website.
==>
It seems you may be confused with the block name.

So, lets clarify the confusion and make sure we are on the same page.

I see you have a custom field group which hold the URL type custom field for facebook, twitter, Instagram.
=> hidden link

Now, you want to link the icons of facebook, twitter, Instagram with the associated value of custom field you created like facebook, twitter, Instagram.

- Facebook icon should be linked to the URL value you added to facebook custom field
- twitter icon should be linked to the URL value you added to twitter custom field and son on.

Is this correct? Please correct me if I misunderstood your requirement here.

Yeah that's exactly what I want to do

Minesh
Supporter

So, that is exactly happening 🙂

If you check the following page: hidden link

If you check the facebook and twitter icons, the icons are linked to the value of your custom facebook and twitter custom URL fields.

No, that doesn't happen

What happens when you press the icons is that the window to share on those networks opens.

What I am trying as I explain from my first message is that the link simply leads to the page of the social network of that company.

It's very simple what I want the icon to take and display the page.

I don't want to share.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok.

Can you please check now.
=> hidden link

As there was not easy way to display the icons, I've added the HTML block and added the fontawesome CDN link and custom CSS style at top of the page just above view block:
=> hidden link

And then within the "Field and Text" block, I've added the following:

<div class="socialshare-icons">
<a href="[types field='faceboo' output='raw'][/types]" class="fa fa-facebook"></a>
<a href="[types field='twitter' output='raw'][/types]" class="fa fa-twitter"></a>
<a href="[types field='intagram' output='raw'][/types]" class="fa fa-instagram"></a>
</div>

I can see now it just displays the social icons with the associated custom field URL value as anchor.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.