Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Calendar view or list of upcoming events

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to create a list or calendar display showing 3 different post types, all sorted by a custom date field.

Solution: There is no built-in calendar display yet for Views, but you can create a list style display using Views. Choose all 3 post types in the Content Selection panel of the View editor, and choose an unordered list loop style. Use the Ordering Settings panel to order by a custom date field, and Use the Loop builder to insert content into each post shown in the results.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-view/

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jannisM 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I have imported a website from Drupal and I have three different custom post types for different kinds of events. Is there a way to display the events in form of a calendar view or as a list, ordered by the date of the event?

step-5.png
step-4.png
step-3.png
step-2.png
step-1.png

Hello, there is currently no built-in calendar display mode for Toolset Blocks/Views, but it is certainly possible to display a list of posts from multiple custom post types, with sorting based a custom date field value.

The general workflow for creating this list follows:
- Create the custom page or post where you want to display this list of events
- In the main page editor, insert a View block and choose the option to create a new View (step-1.png)
- Turn off pagination, front-end sorting, and search options for the new View, and choose a simple Loop Style like Unordered List to see a bulleted list. Choose Ordered List to see show a numbered list, or choose Unformatted for an unstyled list. I'll choose unordered list in this example. (step-2.png)
- Choose the option that allows you to select multiple post types and select the 3 event post types (step-3.png)
- To sort the results by the date custom field, you must first select the top-level View block in the editor. You can use the Block Navigation Outline at the top of the screen to quickly select the top-level View block (step-4.png)
- Open the "Ordering Settings" panel in the right sidebar. You can select the event date custom field to order the list by date. (step-5.png)
- In the View Loop section of the View editing block, add your desired content each post to display in the results. If you're not familiar with creating Views and displaying dynamic content with Blocks, check out or lesson here: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-view/

Let me know if you have questions about that, or if I've misunderstood what you want to accomplish.

Excellent reply and help. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.