Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Blocks unable to be placed above WordPress Archive Output (Views/Block Editor)

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Gavin 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
blocks-before-WAA.png

Views using Block Editor...

I have WordPress Archive view (for a taxonomy) and I wish to have blocks both above and below the WordPress Archive Output. I am able to place blocks below the WordPress Archive Output but not above. In the editor, if I drag a block to be positioned above the WordPress Archive Output it simply vanishes from the editor.

It is important to be able to place blocks above the WordPress Archive Output because when paginating with AJAX, all blocks in the WordPress Archive Output get refreshed.

See image for where I would like to be able to place a block.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2020-02-11 at 07.57.20.png

Hi Gavin

I just did this.

I added a custom HTML block (with a shortcode to output a random number so that I could see if it refreshes after ajax pagination) after the WordPress Archive block itself, at the very bottom.

I then used the up button (on the little navigation section that appears to the left of the block when selected) to move the block upwards, expecting that it might move it above the entire WordPress Archive block, but it actually moved it inside the block, directly before the WordPress Archive Output section (screenshot), right where you want it.

(And I can confirm that it doesn't get replaced by ajax pagination.)

Cunning plan! Placing it at the bottom and using the up arrow works, whereas clicking and dragging does not. A cool solution. Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.