Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Block editing doesnt show Field Group to bind data to

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
toolset-dynamic data.jpg

I'm following your tutorial and have created my custom post type and taxonomies, when I edit the page, add a view and add Toolset fields to the view loop none of my field groups appear to pick dynamic data from.
Am I missing something obvious to enable these, this theme uses WPBakery but Im editing with Gutenberg.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Tutorial

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
Its localhost sorry

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for getting in touch.

This is actually a known issue and our development team has opened a feature request for it.

For now the only workaround is that you use the Fields and Text block to add the custom fields to your view. Using the Fields and Text block will give you access to the Types fields button that you can use to insert the different shortcodes for your custom fields.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Are you saying this is caused by WPBakery?

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

No i'm not saying this is caused by the wpBakery plugin. It is actually a known issue that needs to be implemented by our dev team.

Can you confirm that this archive is a custom taxonomy archive ?

Secondly there is a workaround to this by using the Fields and Text block then using the Views button you can insert the shortcodes for the specific custom field that you want to display.

Thanks,
Shane

Its not a taxonomy but a custom post - the custom post has 2 x taxonomies though - services and location.

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to this website so that I can have a look at this for you ?

The private fields have been enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Can I send a backup or do a screen share? Its local on my laptop.

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

You can provide me with a copy of the site by following the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I've enabled the private fields so you can send me the copy.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

As mentioned this is a known issue and I can confirm that it is the same as the feature request. What you may need to do is to call the image field with its shortcode directly. Can you let me know which image field you want to call with this ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi, Is there any update on this bug? Is there an ETA for a fix?

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

I checked on the internal ticket for this one for you.

Unfortunately the issue is still marked as pending, so there is no ETA or fixed version notification as yet.

Thanks,
Shane

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

David, just a note to say that I added an erratum for this issue, which includes a workaround (of making a reusable block on another page where you can add the image field with featured image and inserting that into your taxonomy archive).

https://toolset.com/errata/image-block-missing-featured-image-as-source-on-taxonomy-archives/