Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Archived Pages

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have created an Archive Page in Dashboard using the guidance provided. I can see the finished product when in Block mode, which is the standard Grid mode with links to the relevant posts, based on the Taxonomy.

When I click the relevant Taxonomy in the post, I am not actually getting the page created.

For example:
This is the Post: hidden link

When link (Upcoming Networking Event) clicked, this is the Archived Page: hidden link

Totally different. I checked to see if I could set the Archive Page to any links...could not find.

Please advise.
Thank you

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how this archive page is set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access details.

The archive page that you referenced ( {yourwebsite.com}/networking-event-status/upcoming-networking-event/ ) is an archive for taxonomy "Networking Events".
( screenshot: hidden link )

But in the WordPress Archives list ( WP Admin -> Toolset -> WordPress Archives ), I don't see any archive created for this "Networking Events" taxonomy.
( screenshot: hidden link )

The only taxonomy archive I see there is for the taxonomy "Services Provided".

If you'd like to target the "Networking Events" taxonomy archive for a custom archive page too, you can create a new archive or select it in the loop selection setting of the existing one.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Actually not resolved in one respect..

This Post has two taxonomnies...when clicked it does open the archive but not the archive page I created, which has grids.

If you click on the Taxonomy: hidden link

I have left the WP Admin details as before.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

The admin access details no longer work for me, however, when I check the archive pages for the two attached tags, I do see the WordPress Archives created using Toolset.

{yourwebsite.com}/mediaevent/live-event/
Screenshot: hidden link

{yourwebsite.com}/mediaevent/live-event/recorded-live-event/
Screenshot: hidden link

Looks like you've managed to make this work after writing to us, but in case you're still seeing the old archive pages, please clear all involved caches and then check again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.