Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Archive template not displaying properly

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
3.png
2.png
1.png

I have created a archive view to display my wordpress blog posts and some of the posts are showing properly in the view. But due to some issue last 3 posts are showing one per rom instead of 3 posts in a row.

URL: hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 11.29.37.png

Hi there

Looking at the problem page, the layout structure breaks after a post which is wrongly displaying a closing shortcode (my screenshot).

It looks like there is something specific to that post which is breaking the dynamic sources used to apply your archive template design to the individual posts displayed by the archive.

As a first step I would edit that post to see if you can spot something obvious that is different to all of the other posts shown in the archive which might account for the problem.

Try unpublishing that post (turn it into a draft post) so that it is not shown in the archive: does the archive now display correctly?

If so you may want to consider deleting that post and creating it again and publishing it.

Does the problem recur?

If it does we may need to access your site to be able to check the post ourselves.

Let us know how you get on.

My previous issue is resolved but the view doesn't display as it should be in front end. In editor view it's working fine but when not logged in layout is not as we created view. This issue is for the same url in previous ticket. Regret to inform you I am not having a pleasent experience with toolset.

If you can check root cause n let me know it would be much appreciated rather than random guess

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thanks for writing back.

Sorry to learn that your experience with Toolset so far hasn't been pleasant. But, we'll do our best to guide you through, to make it better.

When I visit the blog page ( {yourwebsite.com}/blog/ ), this is what I see:
Screenshot: hidden link

But, if I append URL parameter 'no-cache=true' at the end ( {yourwebsite.com}/blog/?no-cache=true ), I see the layout with the images:
Screenshot: hidden link

This suggests that the server or CDN-level cache is involved here.
( your website seems to be served through the Cloudflare CDN )

I'll recommend clearing all involved caches and testing the page, both in the logged-in and logged-out states.

In case the layout abnormalities, still persists, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details for further troubleshooting.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Untitled.png

Thanks for the support. I have my issue resolved. But when switching between pages using pagination there is extension in the URL

hidden link
hidden link

How can i remove those ?wpv_view_count parameters from URL

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-removing-pagination-url-parameters/

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update and glad that the layout issue is resolved.

I've created a separate ticket for your question about the pagination URL parameters and will follow up on that shortly.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-removing-pagination-url-parameters/ )

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for each new question or concern.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.