Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Archive pages in second language are blank after updating Types 2.3.2 to 3.0.2

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by christophW-2 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
screenshot-1.jpg

We have a page with toolset and WPML. For example an archive page looks like this:

German: hidden link
English: hidden link (see screenshot-1, because it's not showing anymore)

After updating Types from 2.3.2 to 3.0.2, all the English archive pages are completely blank. The archive pages in German are still ok.

Regards
Christoph

Dear Christoph,

I have checked the HTML source codes of page:
view-source:hidden link

It is not ended with </html>, but a div tag:

<div id="page-container">

There should be some PHP errors occur in your website, please check these:
1) Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme
2) Follow our document to enable the debug mode, copy/paste the debug logs here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/#php-debugging

Hello Lua Yang

I enabled the debugging... here is the error message:

[11-Jul-2018 07:18:08 UTC] PHP Warning: array_key_exists(): The first argument should be either a string or an integer in /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/media/service.php on line 25
[11-Jul-2018 07:18:08 UTC] PHP Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/utility/utils.php on line 266
[11-Jul-2018 07:18:08 UTC] PHP Warning: parse_url() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/utility/utils.php on line 270
[11-Jul-2018 07:18:08 UTC] PHP Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/media/service.php on line 35
[11-Jul-2018 07:18:08 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Types_Field_Type_Image_View_Frontend::handle_registered_image() must implement interface Types_Interface_Media, null given, called in /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/type/image/view/frontend.php on line 120 and defined in /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/type/image/view/frontend.php:141
Stack trace:
#0 /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/type/image/view/frontend.php(120): Types_Field_Type_Image_View_Frontend->handle_registered_image(NULL)
#1 /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/type/image/view/frontend.php(82): Types_Field_Type_Image_View_Frontend->get_images()
#2 /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/view.php(42): Types_Field_Type_Image_View_Frontend->get_value()
# in /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/type/image/view/frontend.php on line 141
[11-Jul-2018 07:18:11 UTC] PHP Warning: array_key_exists(): The first argument should be either a string or an integer in /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/media/service.php on line 25
[11-Jul-2018 07:18:11 UTC] PHP Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/utility/utils.php on line 266
[11-Jul-2018 07:18:11 UTC] PHP Warning: parse_url() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/utility/utils.php on line 270
[11-Jul-2018 07:18:11 UTC] PHP Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/media/service.php on line 35
[11-Jul-2018 07:18:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Types_Field_Type_Image_View_Frontend::handle_registered_image() must implement interface Types_Interface_Media, null given, called in /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/type/image/view/frontend.php on line 120 and defined in /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/type/image/view/frontend.php:141
Stack trace:
#0 /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/type/image/view/frontend.php(120): Types_Field_Type_Image_View_Frontend->handle_registered_image(NULL)
#1 /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/type/image/view/frontend.php(82): Types_Field_Type_Image_View_Frontend->get_images()
#2 /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/view.php(42): Types_Field_Type_Image_View_Frontend->get_value()
# in /home/www/web67/html/amackerschmidag_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/application/models/field/type/image/view/frontend.php on line 141

Any ideas? It's only in the second language, the main language works without problem.

Regards
Christoph

Have you tried to deactivate other plugins and switch theme?
We need to check if it is a compatibility problem.

If the problem still persists, since the problem is related with the uploaded images files, please provide a copy of your website in below "private detail box", I need to duplicate the same problem and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will feedback if there is anything found

I can duplicate the problem, and have escalated this thread, will update here if there is anything news

Here is the feedback from our developers
There are two kinds of issue in your website:
1) Types plugin
2) Layouts plugin

For the issue of Types plugin, please try these:
1) Backup your website database
2) Run below SQL query:

DELETE FROM wp08am_postmeta WHERE meta_key = 'wpcf-maschinenbild' AND meta_value LIKE 'a:1:%';

This will remove the corrupted data and will make the archive page work again.

Hello Luo Yang

Thanks for your feedback. I tried the SQL Query and the archive pages worked again. However, when I edit the English version of a machine of one of these categories (with the translation editor) and save it, the archive page of these category is blank again.

So the corrupted data are re-inserted in the database again for this category. I can then run the SQL Query again and the archive page is back again, but that doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Thanks for having a closer look.
FYI - I am not in the office from tomorrow until 2nd of August...
Regards Christoph

Please check these:
1) Deactivate other plugins (except Toolset + WPML plugins), switch to wordpress default theme
2) edit the English version of a machine of one of these categories (with the translation editor) and save it

If the problem is fixed, you will need to locate the problem plugin/theme, for example activate other plugins one by one, and repeat the step 2), and test again.

Sorry, but this problem only did arrive when updating your plugins to the latest versions... before it worked, with all the used plugins.

Ok, I did deactivate all the plugins and switched to the default theme... the problem remains.

flexing-machines2.PNG
flexing-machines.PNG

I tried these with your database dump file, here are detail steps, please correct me if there is anything missing:
1) Activate all latest version of Toolset plugins + WPML plugins + 2017 theme
2) Dashboard-> WPML-> Taxonomy Translation
Select the taxonomy to translate: "Maschinentypen"
find term "Flexer", edit the English version, and save, see screenshot flexing-machines.PNG

and test it in front-end, it works fine, see screenshot flexing-machines2.PNG.

There isn't the PHP errors and similar problem.

You don't have to edit the category itself, but a machine from this category, for example:

- Edit one of the products of the category Flexer (for example the first product in this category - hidden link)
- Make a small change in the English version with the translation editor and save
- Have a look at the Flexer Category Page in English again... its gone.

Thanks for the details, I can duplicate the same problem, and have escalated it, will update this thread if there is anything news.

Hello Luo

Your last feedback is two weeks ago - any news about the problem?

Regards
Christoph

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.