Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Archive Page Styling Issues

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Concrete.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 2.32.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 2.30.42 PM.jpg

Hi there.

I am trying to style archive pages on my site. I have managed to get the basic look that I want (almost) but I am running into issues.

I cannot get the page to show the Archive name ... i.e. "Concrete Tile" ... instead, when I add a heading block outside of the Toolset loop, it only shows the name of the first Product, and not the archive itself.

In the first screenshot (right to left)...
(ignore the blue bar at the top ... that is a theme thing that I am having trouble removing -- tho it shows the correct page title)
you can see that the first product (Capitone) is listed as the page title.

in the next screenshot, you can see my loop selection where I have it restricted to just "Concrete Tile" product type

I am not sure what I am doing wrong ... the page can be viewed on my staging server here: hidden link

If you need access, just let me know

A second question that I have is this.
How can I make the image fill the entire column next to the links.

Right now that column just has an image since you cant add an image background to a grid column (or can you?)
Was curious as to how best to handle that. Would like the page to end up looking like the third screenshot (left most)

Lastly, is it possible to group the returned links by sub-category?

i.e. if the category tree looks like this:
Concrete Tile (primary category)
-- Custom Concrete (secondary category)

can I have Toolset return two blocks of links, the fist being the non-custom products ... and then a second block with the custom ones?

Thx ... I really appreciate all of you folks help while I learn what toolset can accomplish.

Gordon

background-image.JPG

Hello,

Q1) In the WordPress archive page, you can use shortcode [wpv-archive-title] to display current archive page title, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-archive-title

Q2) You can add a Toolset Container block into the grid, and setup the Container block background image as dynamic source, see my screenshot background-image.JPG, more help:
https://toolset.com/block-item/container/

Q3) It is possible with nested views, for example:
1) Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> General, in section "Editing experience", enable option "Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build"

2) Dashboard-> Toolset-> Views, setup two taxonomy views:
a) Parent taxonomy view:
- Query terms of category
- Filter by:
a1) Select taxonomy terms whose parent is None.
a2) Taxonomy is set by the current post
- In view's loop, display term's link + below child taxonomy view's shortcode

b) Child taxonomy view
- Query terms of category
- Filter by:
a1) Select taxonomy terms whose parent is the value set by the parent view.
a2) Taxonomy is set by the current post
- In view's loop, display term's link

Then put the Parent taxonomy view's shortcode into single post content:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-view

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.