Skip Navigation

[Resolved] And Logic Between Checkboxes

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by fahimS-2 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am implementing a search filter. I have a custom field type of checkbox. Now by default the logic between the checkboxes is OR. But I need And logic between the checkboxes. Kindly help me.
Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
No

What is the link to your site?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To change the comparison logic from 'OR' to 'AND' between the checkboxes type field's filter, you can use a custom function attached to the 'wpv_filter_query' filter:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views-filters/#wpv_filter_query

For example:

add_filter( 'wpv_filter_query', 'filter_checkboxes_or_to_and', 1000 , 3 );
function filter_checkboxes_or_to_and( $query_args, $view_settings ) {

if ( !is_admin() ) {
		if( !empty($query_args['meta_query']) ) {
			foreach( $query_args['meta_query'] as $key => $value){
				if($key != 'relation') {
					foreach ($value as $subkey => $subvalue) {
						if(is_array($subvalue)) {
							if($subkey != 'relation') {
								if ($subvalue['key'] == 'wpcf-property-checkboxes') {
									$query_args['meta_query'][$key]['relation'] = 'AND';
								}
							}
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}

return $query_args;
}

The above code snippet can be included through either Toolset's custom code feature ( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/adding-custom-code/using-toolset-to-add-custom-code/ ) or through the active theme's "functions.php" file.

This function will look for the custom field filter used for the field "wpcf-property-checkboxes" in all the views. And, if found, will change its operator to 'AND' from 'TO'.
( you'll change the 'property-checkboxes' with the slug of the field used on your website )

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need further assistance.

regards,
Waqar

Is it possible to avail this feature to a particular view and keeping all other views to 'AND' Logic?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Yes, to limit that function to filter only specific view(s), you can change the conditional check at line # 4, from:

if ( !is_admin() ) {

To:

// list of target view IDs
$target_views = array(123, 456, 789);
// if the current view is among the target views
if ( !is_admin() && ( in_array($view_settings['view_id'], $target_views) ) ) {

As a result, the function will only apply this change in the operator to a view, if its ID is available in the list/array '$target_views'.
(you'll change the IDs 123, 456, 789, etc with the actual IDs of your views that you'd like to target for this snippet)

Note: You can see the IDs of your website's views from WP Admin -> Toolset -> Views. And if you don't see this section to manage views, please go to WP Admin > Toolset > Settings > General and select the option "Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build" for the editing experience.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.