Skip Navigation

[Resolved] All in 1 email notification

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by simchaH 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Thanks Luo, that worked! I do have one more ability that I'd like to input into the notification email if possible - is it possible to have the same [wpv-post-edit-link] link that you provided, for previous form submissions as well, all in 1 email notification?

To explain what I mean: the post form that this notification email is coming from, is the third form in a "3-form step-by-step process". Each of the 3 forms are for 3 separate CPT's, and they all connect to each other via Toolset relationships. I only have the final third form set up with a notification email, because I don't want to have 3 incoming emails for each "submission", rather I'd like 1 notification email with links to all 3 CPT's for viewing/editing. So an example notification email would be:

A new submission has been entered. Select the option below to view or edit:
[wpv-post-edit-link CPT-A text='Edit Post A'] .
[wpv-post-edit-link CPT-B text='Edit Post B'].
[wpv-post-edit-link CPT-C text='Edit Post C'].

Is something like this possible?

Thanks!
Sim

Hello,

Please elaborate the questions with more details:
How do you setup the post type relationships between those three custom post types?
If it is one-to-many relationship, [wpv-post-edit-link] shortcode support "item" attribute, so you can follow our document setup "item" attribute in [wpv-post-edit-link] shortcode:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/item-attribute/

I believe they are many to many. Does this mean I won't be able to use the item attribute? - Though I did just check, and in my View that I have with these post types, I am using the item attribute to display one of the related posts. If I am using it there, does that mean I can use it in the email notification as well?

Thanks!

Yes, you are right, for many-to-many relationship, you need to setup a post view, to query the related posts, and display the edit link in view's loop, see our document:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/many-to-many-post-relationships/#displaying-related-posts
section "Displaying Related Posts"

When I put in my personal admin email as the email notification, the previous shortcode you gave me worked perfectly. But now there is a separate third party email set as the email notification, and that shortcode is not being displayed to the user of that email address. The email with all the words come in fine, but that specific spot of the shortcode is blank. Does this make any sense?

Also, is there any way to have the all in one email implementation via a custom PHP snippet? would you be able to direct me on the right path?

Thanks

It is not clear, please provide a test site with the same problem, also point out the problem page URL and form URL, which field you want to display, I need to test and debug it in a live website, thanks

As I mentioned above:
Please point out the problem page URL and form URL
Where I can test it in frontend?
Which email address can I input into the form?
Which custom field do you want to display in the email notification?
Please provide detail steps to reproduce the same problem

I'm not sure what you mean by problem URL? The problem isn't in any URL, it's in the email that gets sent when a user completes the third form mentioned above. If you are testing the email notification then you might want to put in a personal email so that you can view the email that arrives, and see that it comes with a blank space in the spot where it is supposed to have the shortcode link. Though if you want to use my email, feel free. The link to the form that has the email notification is this: hidden link

How and where I can test the "email notification" in frontend? Where did you display that form in frontend? In order to test the email notification result, I need to fill and submit the form in frontend.
Please provide detail steps to reproduce the same problem:
that shortcode is not being displayed to the user of that email address

Hope it is clear

I did not understand that that was the URL you were requesting. Here you go: hidden link

OK, I can fill and submit the post form now.

I have tried these in your website:
1) Install "Post SMTP" plugin to trace the email logs
2) Go to the URL you mentioned above:
hidden link
Fill and submit the post form
3) Check the email logs here:
hidden link
I can see the edit post link correctly, can you confirm it?

According to your post:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/all-in-1-email-notification/#post-2349003

but that specific spot of the shortcode is blank

Which shortcode is blank? please elaborate the question with more details

It looks like it's working now, I'm not sure what happened. Thanks a lot Luo. Can I delete the SMTP plugin?

Of course, you can delete that plugin, it is just for trace and debug the email

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.