Skip Navigation

[Resolved] ajax search results not updating without submit

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? results should update as user types in search field

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link the form is split on a divi theme page, with query in one column and results in another.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I tried to see the search, but it is behind a 'Maintenance mode' page. Can you please share temporary admin login details, so that I can see how this view is set up?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

ps, this site is a clone so it's ok to make changes.

The access details worked, thank you.

I'll be performing some tests and will share the findings, as soon as I can.

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for waiting.

During testing, I was able to make this work using the following script:

jQuery( document ).on( 'ready js_event_wpv_pagination_completed js_event_wpv_parametric_search_form_updated js_event_wpv_parametric_search_results_updated', function( event, data ) {
    jQuery('input[name="wpv_post_search"]').change( function() {
      	  /* execute only if the typed characters are more than 3 */
           if( this.value.length < 3 ) return;
      		jQuery(this).parents('form:first').trigger( "submit" );
        });
});

You can see it working on your website and it monitors the changes in the search field and if 3 or more characters are typed, submit the search form automatically.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.