Skip Navigation

[Closed] adding Video Lightbox in toolset Views with a custom field

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hello

Am trying to have a lightbox get the data from a custom field, I tried with ACF and with the fonctionality offered by Toolset.

am using this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/video-popup/ That I saw one of your techinicien mention in another ticket, but I can't make it work..

This is my code: [video_popup url="[wpv-post-field name='video-url-media]" img="[wpv-post-field name='images-multimedia']"]

Is there a better way to do this or another plugin that I can use ?

Thank you !

Cordialy,
Éric

Hello, first please try testing the wpv-post-field shortcodes outside the video_popup shortcode to see if they are producing the expected results (note I added the missing single quote in the video-url-media shortcode):

Test video-url-media field: [wpv-post-field name='video-url-media']<br />
Test images-multimedia field: [wpv-post-field name='images-multimedia']<br />

- What are the results of these two shortcodes displayed independently?
- Are these fields created in Types or in ACF? If the fields were created in Types, you must use the wpcf- prefix with the field slug in the name attribute:

Test video-url-media field: [wpv-post-field name='wpcf-video-url-media']<br />
Test images-multimedia field: [wpv-post-field name='wpcf-images-multimedia']<br />

- What types of fields are they - image, video, URL, single-line text fields, etc.?
- Do these fields support multiple values (also referred to as repeating fields), or only single values? You can configure this option when you edit the parent field group(s) in Toolset > Custom Fields > Post Fields.

Then, test the video_popup shortcode using hard-coded, known media URLs, to verify it is working as expected without Toolset involved:

Video popup test: [video_popup url="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" img="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>"]<br />

Replace the video and image urls in this example snippet as needed. You should include the URLs of a known YouTube video and a known, existing image file from your Media Library.
- What is the result of this video_popup test with hard-coded URLs?

The topic ‘[Closed] adding Video Lightbox in toolset Views with a custom field’ is closed to new replies.