Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding data from custom field to Woocommerce order e-mail

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to include information from a custom field in my WooCommerce Order email by adding some code with types_render_field().

Solution: I'm not sure how to modify these email templates, but I can explain how to use the types_render_field function.
- In order to get a Types custom field value from an order post you need to supply the order ID to the types_render_field function's parameters array.
- You need to use the "wpcf-" prefix applied to the field slug.
- You should specify the raw output type to prevent extra markup from being applied to the output.

Example:

[php]
TRACK YOUR ORDER

[php]

Replace 12345 with the Order ID, or a variable or shortcode that provides that ID.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nereaD 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hello there,

I added a custom field (order-tracking) to all my orders in Wocommerce, where I put a tracking number.

I edited my "customer-completed-order" template (which is sent to the customer) and added this code:

<a href="<?php echo types_render_field( 'order-tracking', array() ); ?>">TRACK YOUR ODER</a>

It is not working at all. I guess there is a proper way to do it?

Thank you.

Hi, I'm not the best resource for information about how to use WooCommerce email templates, but I can tell you how to use the types_render_field function in general.
- In order to get a Types custom field value from an order post you need to supply the order ID to the types_render_field function's parameters array.
- You need to use the "wpcf-" prefix applied to the field slug.
- You should specify the raw output type to prevent extra markup from being applied to the output.

Example:

<a href="<?php echo types_render_field( 'wpcf-order-tracking', array('id' => 12345, 'output' => 'raw') ); ?>">TRACK YOUR ORDER</a>

Replace 12345 with the Order ID, or a variable or shortcode that provides that ID.

More information about the types_render_field shortcode here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/

Thank you very much for your help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.