Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Adding Custom Field to a CPT not working

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am unable to add another custom field to this field group.

Solution: Increase your server's upload_max_filesize and post_max_size configurations, as well as MaxInputVars.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jaime 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
It's a strange behaviour what I'm facing.
I have a CPT and I have been adding some Custom Fields (Select Fields, to be exactly) but suddenly it doesn't let me add any other Field to this CPT (not Select, nor any other).
Actually, it dosen't load the field, because despite WP makes as it's loading the field, when it finish to load, anything is added and I can save a "new" Field with the same slug. So nothing was loaded, right?

But If I try to add some Custom Fields to any other CPT it works perfectly.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No, I've seen this ticket but it doesn't seem to help me
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/custom-field-group-adding-field-not-working/

Anyway I downloaded again the last version for Types and reinstalled it, but noting happens.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

(I can give you access to site if you need it)

Hello, typically these symptoms indicate a configuration on your server is set too low to support the requirements of your site. The configuration is called "MaxInputVars", and it manages the amount of data that can be transferred during a typical server request. Can you include your site's debug information in your next reply so I can take a look at this, and some other environmental settings? We have instructions available for providing debug info in this article: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I'll review your configurations and we can go from there. Thanks!

Thanks Christian!
Here you have the debug information.

🙂

Okay yes the MaxInputVars setting on your server should be increased. The current setting is 1000, and I suggest asking your hosting provider to increase that value to 2000. One other thing I noticed is that your server runs MySQL 5.5.5. That's fine for almost everything Toolset offers, with the exception of a few Toolset Maps features. Map distance filters in Views and distance calculations between two locations require a set of functions that are only available in MySQL 5.6+. So if you plan to use distance calculations and filters in Views and Maps, be aware that you will need to ask your host to upgrade MySQL - just a heads up.

Please let me know if you are able to have the MaxInputVars value increased by your host or if you need additional information from me to facilitate that conversation.

My issue is resolved now.
I had to change upload_max_filesize and post_max_size with my hosting provider and everything works fine again.
Thank you Christian!
🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.