Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add View don't propose "New" view, and not possible edit Results with blocks

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicolasB-9 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
toolset_view_existing.jpg
toolset_view_editing_scratch.jpg

Hi,
I just looked at your doc to make some search : https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-custom-search
It's exactly what I need.
Unfortunatly, when I insert a "View" in a page, it doesn't propose me to create one. Only to choose an existing one. And if I create a new view from the admin-menu, I have to insert search fields with some codes. As well for the Results, I have to insert some code and edit the styling from scratch.
Why doesn't it propose me the same options as your documentation directly in the page edit ? Please look at my screens to see it.
I would like to select the search-fields, and edit the Results with selecting the fields and let the styling working automatic, exactly as in the video.
My result is actually here, without any styling : hidden link

My system is with last version of Toolset View 3.6.5, and Toolset 3.4.17.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Nicolas Bugnon

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The document that you referred to is about the views created using the blocks-based editor. But, it looks like they are not enabled on your website.

Please go to WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> General and select the option 'Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build' for the 'Editing experience'.

After that, when you'll insert a 'View' block, it will also allow you to create a new view, as explained in the documentation.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need further assistance.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks a lot Waqar ! That's it !

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.