Skip Navigation

[Resolved] abiltiy for users to edit their own information

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author

I am trying to:

I would like to have the personnel manager add basic information about all the employees (name, email, phone, office).

Then I would like to have each employee to log in with their user info (all of them already have user accounts) and add other information about themselves (hobbies, areas of specialty, URL etc). I would like them to ONLY be able to edit their own information and no one elses.

The-current-logged-in-user.jpg

Hello,

I assume you are using custom user fields to setup those personnel basic information.

If it is, it is possible, you just need to setup a user form for editing user, and put those custom user fields into the form, insert the form shortcode with option: The current logged in user
See screenshot: The-current-logged-in-user.jpg

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-registering-users/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.