Skip Navigation

[Resolved] A view in a view loop reacts very weird when infinite scroll is applied

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 21.44.00.png

hello

I have a loop that contains artists, in the loop there are 2 views that load up content related to the artist.
When i turn on infinite scroll the view acts very weird and the two views inside the loop show the content and "
THIS IS THE PREVIEW OF THE ... VIEW"

i have turned off the the infinite scroll now because the website is live.

Can you help me?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how these views are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the link to the page with these views?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

During troubleshooting on your website, I'm getting some unexpected results, which will require an even deeper investigation.

Do I have your permission to download a clone/snapshot of the website to test this on a different server?

Yes off course!

let me know when you have found a sollution

Waqar
Supporter

I apologize for the delay in getting back on this, as we had an unusually busy forum queue last week.

I've downloaded the website's clone and will be performing some tests on it. Will share the findings, as soon as this testing completes.

Thank you for your patience.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

During troubleshooting on your website's clone, I was able to fix the issue with the infinite scrolling, by following these steps:

1). To make the output of the child/nested views minimal, you can:

1-a). enable the checkbox for the option "Disable the wrapping DIV around the View".
( it is right above the "Output Editor" section - example screenshot hidden link )

and

1-b). from the "Output Editor" section of these child/nested views, remove the shortcode:

[wpv-filter-meta-html]

Note: these two steps will need to be performed for the following 3 child/nested views:
- 22 - Date in artist loop DAY (left)
- 22 - Event name in artist loop (left)
- 22 - Date in artist loop date (right)

2). After that, you can enable the pagination with infinite scrolling in the parent "22 - All artists loop" view and it will work, correctly.

Note: Please make sure to clear all involved caches, after making these changes.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.