Skip Navigation

[Resolved] 2 of 18 taxonomy-archives not loading, are empty

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasS-24 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to display custom taxonomy archives with toolset loading maps and custom fields
I created WordPress archives for custom post type taxonomies with Toolset. Most of the archives (18) are loading fine, but a few (2) don't.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Toolset docs.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link
The site is password protected. I'll give you the password in a private field.

I don't understand why most of the archives work but some don't. I deactivated all plugins and switched to the default theme but that did not solve the problem of the 2 archives not being displayed.

I made a clip you can watch:
hidden link

Thank you for your help.
Thomas

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how these archive pages are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details and the access password, in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access details.

I've checked the relevant settings, but couldn't find anything which would break the archive page for these two taxonomy terms.

Looks like something specific to your website is involved. To troubleshoot this, I'll suggest testing this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one by one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

In case the issue still persists, I'll need your permission to download a clone/snapshot of the website, to investigate this on a different server.

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Hi Waqar

As I wrote in my initial post I already checked with all plugins disabled and with the default theme. The issue did persist.
So you have my permission to clone/snapshot the website to investigate on a different server.

Thank you,
Thomas

Hi Waqar

How's the investigation going?

Kind regards,
Thomas

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting as I performed some tests on your website's clone.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that the record for these two terms ( 'Dienstleistungen' and 'Fachschulen' ) was not properly saved in the database. If any new terms were added in these two taxonomies, they worked, as expected.

Is it possible that these terms were imported either manually or through a third-party import/export plugin?

I was able to fix this on your website's copy on my server, by deleting these two terms and then adding them again.

This should do the trick on the live website too. I hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Hi Waqar

Thank you very much for your help!

Indeed, I imported the data using WP All Import with the Toolset Types Add-on.
Next time I have a similar problem I'll know where to look at.

I will follow your advise and delete the 2 terms and re-add them again.

Kind regards,
Thomas

Hi Waqar

I can confirm that deleting and re-adding the terms solved the problem.

Again, thank you for looking into it!

Kind regards,
Thomas

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.