Types 1.5 – media fields support and a smoother WPML experience
We’ve just released the latest version of Types.
With four new field types for your sites, tweaks to make Types sing with WPML and a heap of other improvements.
Audio and Video support
The highlights of this release are new field types to add Video, Audio and Embedded Media to your site.
The new fields wrap the functionality provide by the new Video and Audio shortcodes released in WordPress 3.6 and using the HTML5 compliant media player, MediaElement.js now included in the WordPress Core.
The new Embedded Media field type will allow you to add complex content to your site.
WordPress supports a wide range of embedded content types, from Instagram, Twitter, SlideShare, Vimeo and many others.
You just need to add the link to the content and Toolset and WordPress work together to generate the embed html for you, directly on your site.
We’ve been listening to your requests as always, and with Types 1.5, we’ve also included a new ColorPicker field type.
Images – making them fit
We’ve upped the level of control you have for images on your site with some new image attributes.
You can now crop, make proportional, stretch or pad with a color or transparency
You’ve probably struggled in the past to get your sliders, galleries, portfolios to look good with different sized images – especially if it’s your site user choosing the images. These new options allow you to make sure your images are going to fit the dimensions you specify.
Rather than a sickly green, you’ll probably pad with a padding_color that matches your theme or use the transparent option.
Child fields table now supports Taxonomies
In this release, we’ve also given you the ability to add Taxonomies to the fields that can be display for child posts. So now when you add or edit child posts from the parent record, you can select Taxonomies to be displayed in your fields table.
You can read more about Creating Post Type Relationships, and how to select which child fields are going to be displayed.
Other features and Bug fixes
In total we’ve added 10 new features in this release and addressed 17 bugs. Here’s a complete list:
- Added new field Colorpicker
- Added new field Video
- Added new field Audio
- Added new field Embedded Media
- Added Usermeta fields to ‘Add New User’ screen
- Added backward compatibility for ‘output’ parameter
- Added show_admin_column support for taxonomies
- Added option to have padded cropped image and real non-proportional resize
- Added taxonomy terms selection to child post tables
- Added handling post_id to API call types_child_posts() for custom queries
- Fixed WPML updating fields from original translation
- Fixed WPML edit post screen forms for copied fields
- Fixed WPML creating and updating child posts
- Fixed WPML copied fields appear locked if post do not have original post
- Fixed WPML deleting translated post fields marked as ‘translatable’ when original is updated
- Fixed WPML changed all fields to be disabled when copied
- Fixed WPML unlocked copied fields when Translation Management is not active
- Fixed WPML removed translation preferences form when Translation Management is not active
- Fixed changing child post status when updating from child table or updating parent
- Fixed setting post parent as ‘Not selected’ for child post
- Fixed processing shortcodes from field value
- Fixed bug with caching types_child_posts() API call
- Fixed ‘maxlength’ validation
- Fixed saving post as draft when required field is hidden by other conditional field
- Fixed conditionals triggered on profile page if postmeta and usermeta have same ID
- Fixed custom fields named with prefix ‘wpcf-‘ put under Types control
- Fixed possible issues with relative paths for embedded mode
So what do you think?
Don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments. We do listen and if you post, we’ll get right back to you.