Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] You support visual composer or wpbakery page builder, and free or paid version?

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by PrakharM1203 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Which plugin do you support?
visual composer or wpbakery page builder(which version free or paid )?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Visual Composer and WPBakery are branches of the same product, and currently both are expected to work with Toolset.

If the branches diverge significantly it could force us to choose in the future, but at the moment they are both compatible.

The free version of VC should work, the premium features do not relate to Toolset integration specifically.

However, I just noticed that we have an issue arising from the Gutenberg integration. If you try to edit a Content Template with VC/WPBakery, the button to choose the page builder is missing, only a button for using Gutenberg is visible.

I'm just checking with my colleagues about what is expected here, and I'll get back to you when I hear from them.

I can't see any visual composer button in content template.
right now i am on wp 5.0 but the visual composer button was not in the wp 4.9 either.

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, we are waiting on a copy of the premium version of VC to test alongside the free version.

We rely on certain "fingerprints" in the VC code to detect it, and it seems that these were changed some time ago, but nobody reported that the integration was broken. It seems like we don't have any active users of VC (though I know we do have users of the WPBakery fork).

When we can confirm that the updated fingerprints we use for the free version work with the premium version we will be able to release a fix.

I'll let you know when.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi there

Just to update you that the developers have concluded that the forks of WPBakery and Visual Composer are sufficiently different that they must be considered separately.

The current position, therefore, is that we support WPBakery but we do not support Visual Composer.

A feature request has been added to add support for Visual Composer, although I cannot give any estimates as to when that might happen.

Sorry for the confusion.

I also talked to the VC team they said they are working to get compatible with the toolset types.
i am hoping it will work out else my money will be wasted because i have VC now.