Skip Navigation

[Resolved] writer name desapear

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Can we revert back relationship migration

Solution:
once you migrate to new relationship there is no way to revert that.

You can find the proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/writer-name-desapear/#post-923464

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kayser 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi

I wanted to switch to version 3 of types and I lost the relationship between books and author.
On this page hidden link there are just the first three who have the name of the writer.
In my admin all is good, the relation is OK
Thanks for your help.
Guyk

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I see you are using outdated Types version and latest views version.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I suggest to update to latest Types version 3.0.2 and migrate to the new post relationship.

Please check following blog posts:
=> https://toolset.com/2018/05/toolset-post-relationships-release/
=> https://toolset.com/2018/05/when-if-to-migrate-relationships-in-old-toolset-sites/ - very important to read

Once you install and activate the Types 3.0.2 version go to: Toolset => Relationships
It will ask you to migrate the relationship. Please follow the wizard and take backup and try to resolve your issue.

Hi Minesh,
I tried three times with the 3.02 version of Types following the instructions and it did not work.
That's why I came back to the old version of Types for this site to work.
But now the book-author relationship no longer appears.
Can you help me a little more, this is the only site that does this to me.
Thank you
Guyk

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - once you migrate to new relationship there is no way to revert that.

Could you please setup a staging site for me and install Types 3.0.2 version and share problem URL with all required details where exactly the connections are lost.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Thanks
Guyk

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.