Skip Navigation

[Resolved] wpv-control-post-relationship and wpv-control-post-ancestor

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by katjaS-3 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi Shane,

I have created view and set with a filter with a specific post reationship and selected the option "Post-ID and URL-Parameter".
The use case (again as u might remember) is a book review blog. I have 2 customized post types: Books and Book authors.
I want to create a view for all books and have a filter to select a book from a specific book author
I have created view and set with a filter with a specific post reationship and selected the option "Post-ID and URL-Parameter".
I guess I need to use: wpv-control-post-relationship and wpv-control-post-ancestor but unfortunately I am missing the syntax. could you please guide me?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

query-filter-screenshot.png
step-2.png
step-1.png

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To add a relationship filter, you'll click the "New filter" button from the "Search and Pagination" section and choose the "Post relationship or repeatable field groups owner" option.
( example screenshot: step-1.png )

From the next screen, you can select the type of field, the relationship, the default option label, and sorting by field and direction.
( example screenshot: step-2.png )

When you'll click the "Insert shortcode" button, the generated code for the relationship filter field will look like this:

[wpv-control-post-relationship ancestors="book-author@book-book-author.child" url_param="wpv-relationship-filter"]
<div class="form-group">
	<label for="wpv-relationship-filter">[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Book Authors[/wpml-string]</label>
	[wpv-control-post-ancestor type="select" default_label="-select-" ancestor_type="book-author@book-book-author.child"]
</div>
[/wpv-control-post-relationship]

Note: In this example, the 'Books' post type is the parent and the 'Book Authors' post type is the child, with the relationship slug 'book-book-author'.

In the "Query Filter" section, the relationship filter will be added automatically too.
( example query-filter-screenshot.png )

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.