Skip Navigation

[Resolved] wpml_context attribute in wpv-post-read-more doesn't appear to work correctly

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by simonM-5 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Dear Support

I am trying to:
Use the wpv-post-read-more shortcode with wpml_context argument. (https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-read-more)

I have tried with the following 3 variants: (1) underscore as in the documentation, (2) with hyphen, (3) with just "context" as is the case in with [wpml-string] shortcodes, but none of them works:
[wpv-post-read-more wpml_context="toolset-content-templates-22271" label="Read more ..."]
and
[wpv-post-read-more wpml-context="toolset-content-templates-22271" label="Read more ..."]
and
[wpv-post-read-more context="toolset-content-templates-22271" label="Read more ..."]

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Compare EN: hidden link
to DE version: hidden link
from Content Template "Loop item in Blog Entry Search and Results View" (ID 22271)

I expected to see:
"Read more ..." translated to "Weiterlesen ..."

Instead, I got:
"Read more ..." remains untranslated on the German page hidden link, although the String translation entry "page-builder-shortcode-strings-22271" was registered and translated in WPML String Translation.

Furthermore, no string translation entry was registered in WPML String Translation for my custom context "toolset-content-templates-22271" either.

Kind regards
Simon

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

It seems the "wpml_context" attribute is no more in use with new translation workflow. I've registered the string with the [wpml-string] shortcode as given under on your content template:
=> hidden link

[wpv-post-read-more wpml_context="toolset-content-templates-22271" label="[wpml-string context='wpv-views']Read more ...[/wpml-string]"]

And I can see the string is registered at String Translation and I've translated it. I can see the translated string on German language page.
=> hidden link

Hi Minesh

I had already tried something like you have done here, but I think I must have screwed up the single quotes and double quotes. :-/ I removed the wpml_context argument altogether since it no longer works and it is still translating correctly.

[wpv-post-read-more label="[wpml-string context='wpv-views']Read more ...[/wpml-string]"]

Can you please have the documentation updated to remove that argument from the wpv-post-read-more documentation?

Thanks and regards
Simon

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Yes - I will discuss this with our Lead (when he back from vacation) and take the next steps. You are welcome to mark resolve this ticket.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.