Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WPML + Types mandatory fields: problem with translation

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by enricoC-2 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi there!
I'm having an issue with Types and WPML.

I have a mandatory custom field (created with Types), that's set to be copied into the translated version of a post.

When I create a translation, the field is "greyed" out by WPML (with the small locker on it), because it has to be copied upon translation.
But it's not being copied when the translated version is created, ad I think it gets copied upon the first save action.

The problem is that the field is mandatory too, so I can't save the post because Types gives me an error that I have to first fill the field (which I can't, because it has to be copied).

any solution?
thanks 🙂
best

Yes, this is a known issue.

Our DEV (actually WPML Team) is working on that and it should be solved soon, but When exactly our developers will provide a fix is not up-to us Supporters to determine.
Each issue reported in, whether a bug or a new feature request, is taken seriously into consideration.
It is given a high or low priority based on a number of factors.
Factors which those with the overview of all things related are in the best position to determine.
I apologize any inconvenience this may cause.

What you should be able to do by now is use DUPLICATE instead.
When you duplicate the Post, it will fill the Custom Fields and you can then save (as they are already pre-filled)

I apologize the Problems this might cause.

Please do not hesitate to open a new thread if other issues or problems arise

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Beda,
thanks for the proposed solution of duplicating the original post, I'll try that 🙂

cheers

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.