Skip Navigation

[Closed] wp_toolset_maps_address_cache is corrupted and prevents database import

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 2.57.12 PM.png

I had a strange problem trying to migrate the wordpress MySQL database from our live site to our staging server. When I tried to import the database via the command line, I got the following unusual error which caused the mysql import to fail:

ERROR 1416 (22003) at line 2673: Cannot get geometry object from data you send to the GEOMETRY field

The culprit appears to be that our 'wp_toolset_maps_address_cache table' contained a number of rows with a NULL (or blank) value for the 'point' column, which uses the special POINT MySQL type.

When I manually deleted those rows and re-exported the database, I was then able to successfully import our database.

I'm sending this as a bug report, because I can't think of any good reason for toolset to be inserting invalid (blank) POINT records in this table -- especially since at least some versions of MySQL have a hard failure trying to import a database containing such rows.

Hello,

Please try these:
Before you migrate the data, Go to the original website:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> Maps,
In section "Cached data", click button "Check for missing cache entries", this should be able to fix those "Null" value items.

More help:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/data-caching-for-maps-addresses/

Hello,

If this isn't a bug, what is the purpose of having blank/null entries in this table like those in my screenshot?

What I am looking for here is an acknowledgement that this is a bug that will be fixed at some point. I already have a work-around that works very well: I just open the database and delete the blank entries. I took the time to report and document this bug because I love Toolset and I like to see it succeed -- not because I need some different work-around.

map-cache.jpg

Please provide detail steps to reproduce the same problem, I have tried it in my localhost with a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, use the same address value as your screenshot: Tucson, AZ, USA
It works fine, I can see the cached value in Maps setting page, see my screenshot

The topic ‘[Closed] wp_toolset_maps_address_cache is corrupted and prevents database import’ is closed to new replies.