Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WP All Import and Toolset Types, importing image from URL

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.08 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi Toolset folks,

So we're using WP All Import Pro to bring our data from our old site into the new one, and we'd like to be able to import an image per post from the old url.

In WP All Import Pro it says I can set it as the featured image, but I actually want to map it to a Toolset custom field called "Box Art", which I've set up to usually work as an uploaded image field. Is there a way to facilitate this? I'm somewhat familiar with PHP and such, so any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The image you should try to import using the WP ALL import should be a having valid image path.

WP ALL Import offers the free plugin "toolset-types-add-on" which you can use to map the Toolet custom fields.
=> hidden link

When you try to import data, it will show you the section "Toolset Types Addon" section where you can map your custom fields. Please check the following screenshot:
=> hidden link

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/export-import/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/how-to-import-data-from-a-csv-file-using-the-wp-all-import-toolset-types-add-on-plugin/#preparing-the-csv-file

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.