Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WordPress caught an error Toolset Layouts

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hello

I need some help with the following:

I can't access the Export/Import section in Toolset, with a message saying "Layouts Export: There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions."

This also triggers an admin email stating the following:

WordPress has a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, Toolset Layouts

WordPress version 6.2.1
Active theme: the7dtchild (version 1.0.0)
Current plugin: Toolset Layouts (version 2.6.13)
PHP version 7.4.33

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 3 of the file /home/nptaorg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/inc/theme/templates/layout_theme_export.tpl.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Cannot access private property WPDD_Layouts_Theme::$file_manager_export in /home/nptaorg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/inc/theme/templates/layout_theme_export.tpl.php:3
Stack trace:
#0 /home/nptaorg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/classes/wpddl.admin.class.php(262): include()
#1 /home/nptaorg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/templates/toolset-export-import-section.tpl.php(14): WPDDL_Admin->dd_layouts_theme_export()
#2 /home/nptaorg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/toolset.export.import.screen.class.php(142): include('/home/nptaorg/p...')
#3 /home/nptaorg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/toolset.export.import.screen.class.php(110): Toolset_Export_Import_Screen->render_export_import_section(Array)
#4 /home/nptaorg/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): Toolset_Export_Import_Screen->export_import_page('')
#5 /home/nptao

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

During testing on my website, I was able to reproduce this error. It is experienced only when the Toolset Layouts plugin is active.

I couldn't access all the sections in the admin area of your website, as the user that you shared, doesn't seem to have the 'administrator' role.

I'll continue some more tests on my website and report this to the concerned team accordingly. Will also keep you updated through this ticket.

For now, a workaround that you can use to access the 'Toolset Export / Import' section is to temporarily disable the Layouts plugin.

Note: If the website is not using any layouts from this plugin, you can also keep it deactivated permanently.

regards,
Waqar

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

I have now changed the access level to administrator.

Also we are using Toolset Layouts for some applications on the website, hence would not be able to deactivate it. Is there any other solution?

Many thanks
Isabel

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Isabel,

I'm afraid, I don't have any quick fix available for this issue at the moment, but, I've reported this to the concerned team.

Thank you for bringing this forward and I'll keep you updated through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Just wanted to update you that the issue is with the development team and a fix will be included in the future releases of the Toolset Layouts plugin.

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can edit this file '/wp-content/plugins/layouts/inc/theme/wpddl.theme-support.class.php' and change line #24 from:

private $file_manager_export = null;

To:

public $file_manager_export = null;

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

I'd like to inform you that fix for this issue was covered in the recent release of the Layouts plugin ( ver: 2.6.14 ).

Feel free to update the Toolset plugins to the latest versions and let me know if the issue persists.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.