Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WordPress archives not working on translated page

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to:
I have a website that has a accommodation listing. On that accommodation listing I have a search box that uses filters to filter out accommodation choice that is displayed next to it. Also, this website uses WPML and I have translated all content from Eglish to Croatian.
Currently my problem has something with wordpress archive page for accommodation. It seems that everything works normally on english version of page, but when you want to translate it it suddenly stops working. More specifically, web page takes too long to load and when it loads it only shows translate title without out any other content below that.

What I tried to do was recreate whole wordpress archive for accommodation and check every line of code to see if something is making problem. After all checks, it seems that inside of wordpress archive when I enable "Search and pagination" section, the problem appears. Before enabling that, everything works (I can use translation normally an everything is displayed). For some reason, enabling "Search and pagination" stops webpage from working. But even if I disable (after enabling it), the problem still persists.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Accommodation type (Hotels) page (English) which works normally - hidden link
Accommodation type (Hotels) page (Croatian) which doesn't work after enabling search and pagination - hidden link

I expected to see:
I expect to see same content but with translated strings.

Instead, I got:
Currently on translated page I don't see anything and web page takes too long to load.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've checked the Croatian version of the archive page and noticed that the page's loading doesn't seem to complete in the allowed time by the server and the loading ends abruptly.

Have you checked the server's error logs for any errors or warnings?

To troubleshoot this, I'll recommend the following steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress and all plugins are updated to their latest versions.
( your website currently has WordPress 5.2.3 )

2. You can turn on WordPress debugging ( ref: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/ ) and see if any errors or warnings are shown on the screen or in the sever's error logs.

3. It would be a good idea to test this with all extra plugins ( i.e. other than Toolset and WPML ) disabled and with a default theme like Twenty Twenty.

If the issue is fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one-by-one, to narrow down to a possible conflict.

4. In case the issue still persists, I'll need a clone/snapshot of your website so that it can be investigated on a different server, without affecting the actual website.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Please let me know how it goes and I've set your next reply as private.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.