Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WooCommerce table view overlaps page navigation and footer

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by NicG2812 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Hire Stock - table overlap.png

I am trying to: set-up a simple WooCommerce view

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: a nice table of the products

Instead, I got: the table content overlaps the page navigation and footer. I have prepared a screenshot and have attached it.

PS: Using the instructions provided I was not able to find where the debug information is.

WordPress 4.5.2
Toolset Types 2.0.1
Toolset Views 2.0
Toolset WooCommerce Views 2.6.2

As it has been 6 hours without a reply I was concerend that not including the Debug Information was slowing down a response, so I looked into it further.

On the page where I add a new topic the form says "Toolset debug info. This information allows our support team to see the versions of WordPress, plugins and theme on your site. The information is only visible to you and our support team. No passwords or other confidential information is included."

Then provides the following instructions:

"To obtain the debug information, go to your WordPress admin -> Your Toolset plugin -> Help and click on the link 'debug information'. Copy the information from the 'debug info' box and paste it here."

However having looked every where in the Admin area and not finding it, I did a Google search and discovered this post on the wp-types.com site:

"Toolset plugins used to feature a section providing basic debug information about your site setup: WordPress installation, server, plugins used, and other. Please note that this feature was removed in the latest versions of all Toolset plugins. We plan to improve it and re-enable it in the future. However, no exact timeframe is set for this."

There is no date associate with the FAQ post however I can only presume that it is recent and still applies.

Is there anything else I can do that will help to get some support for this plug-in?

Many thanks.

Dear Nic,

I just got this thread, the debug feature has been removed from toolset plugins,

About the question: the table content overlaps the page navigation and footer.
It seems like a CSS problem, I suggest you try this:
Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme 2016, and test again.

If the problem still exists , please duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below private detail box with login details and ftp access. I need a live website to test and debug. thanks

Hi Luo,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

TIME TO GET RESPONSE
I am in the process of evaluating the Toolset plugins in order to see if they are suitable for my project. Could you tell me if it is normal for it to take nearly 24 hours before receiving a support response?

DEBUG INFORMATION
On behalf of other users who will spend time looking for the Debug Information, which is now no longer available, could you please ensure that the text in the support form that requests the information is removed.

SWITCHING THEME
It is perhaps no surprise that the page navigation and footer do not overlap the table content when I switch to the 2016 theme. I have a feeling that the reason that it is happening when I use the theme I have selected will be to do with the style and layout of the theme's WooCommerce shop archive page.

As I have only just started to use Toolset it is quite possible that I have not understood what settings and content templates I need to create in order to override the default theme.

The default theme seems to use a lazy loading feature which means that the products are loaded and shown on the page as you scroll down. I have a feeling that this feature could be the cause of the navigation overlapping.

What items do I need to set-up/create in order to override that behaviour?

1) You will get the answer within 24 hours in working days
2) DEBUG INFORMATION
Yes. we have a plan to add it back with new features. so I can not " nsure that the text in the support form that requests the information is removed"
3) There isn't setting in Views content template for "override the default theme", but you can add your custom CSS codes into content template, for example, edit the content template, in section "Template" , click "CSS editor", there you can add your custom CSS codes.

As I mentioned above, It seems like a CSS problem, you can duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below and fill below private detail box with login details and ftp access. I need a live website to test and debug. thanks

Thank you for your reply.

Taking your advice about it being a CSS issue I have been able to take a closer look and have added a float: left rule which has made sure that the table is displayed without overlapping the other content.

While there are some aspects of using Toolset which are straightforward and work out-of-the-box, there is clearly a lot that I've still to learn and understand. 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.