Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Woocommerce quantity input not passed to cart.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Carlos Rojas.

Author

I am trying to: Fix broken quantity input in template for products, it works when in shopping cart.

Somehow when creating the single page with toolset template the quantity does not work, it only adds 1 to cart no matter how much I put in. However when in cart the quantity +/- work fine and the cart does update.

I would like to share the link, but not in public post.

kind regards,
Thomas

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hello Thomas,
Thank you for contacting Toolset support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Could you please explain in more detail, maybe with an example, the issue you are having?
I set the answer to this post as private, so you will be able to share the link and the credentials to your site that will allow me to take a closer look at the site and find the cause of the issue.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.
Kind regards,
Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Here is a link to a product.
[EDIT] I can see this post in incognito so I removed the login, how to post private?[/EDIT]

When you add 5 to cart, it only adds 1. Also somehow the theme doesnt see the name of the product, not sure what is going on. On the cart page this is working fine.

Kind regards,
Thomas

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

**IMPORTANT**

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link;

Regards,
Carlos

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

Please go to Toolset -> Content Templates and edit Template for Products. Once there, change:
[wpv-woo-buy-or-select add_to_cart_text='Add to basket' link_to_product_text='Select options' group_add_to_cart_text='View products' external_add_to_cart_text='Buy product' show_quantity_in_button='yes' show_variation_options='yes']
for
[wpv-woo-buy-options add_to_cart_text='Add to basket ']

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.
Kind regards,
Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for that. This button seems to work fine, quantities aswell.
However this buttons action is different then the previous, it reloads the page and does not show the view cart button after an item is added to the cart.

Any chance of getting the other button to work like this one?
Is the base problem in the ajax call?

Kind regards,
Thomas Borkent

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately this two shortcodes work different. To achieve the same behavior as the previous shortcode it will need custom code and that's out of our scope. I recommend you to take a look at this link where you will find all the available shortcodes: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/

Kind regards,
Carlos

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.