Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Woocommerce 3.0 update and photogallery can’t get text underneath gallery

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: After updating to WooCommerce 3.0, the text that should be underneath my photo gallery is being covered or obscured by the gallery thumbnails.

Solution:
Add the following CSS to force a height on the wrapper element:

.woocommerce-product-gallery.avada-product-gallery .avada-product-gallery-thumbs-wrapper {
  position: relative;
}
This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author
Schermafbeelding 2017-05-17 om 15.26.55.png

I am trying to: get the woocommerce photo gallery to get to work on product page.

I visited this URL:hidden link

I expected to see: every div to have the right height but when I updated woocommerce the text went underneath the gallery

What am I not seeing. Whaaah I am not seeing it ????

Marco

Hi, I see what you're describing. If I resize my browser window to be smaller, then refresh the page, it seems to display correctly at some screen sizes. So there appears to be a compatibility issue. Is it possible for you to test the product gallery without any Toolset plugins enabled? I would like to pinpoint the source of the problem, and if you cannot reproduce the issue without Toolset then we can eliminate 3rd-party compatibility issues.

Schermafbeelding 2017-05-17 om 17.19.14.png

When I switch Toolset of it leaves me with see attachment. I placed some css now so it looks right. But it doesn't feel right 🙂

If you'd like to provide me access to wp-admin, I can create a clone of your site using Duplicator. Then I can revert to the previous version of WooCommerce and review the differences that are causing the animation of this area to cover your text. This will help me understand what's broken, and how to fix it. If that's okay with you, please provide the following information in the private reply area:

- What version of WooCommerce were you running before you updated? Was it at least 3, or lower than 3?
- What CSS did you add to "fix" it as it now shows on your live site?
- Login credentials to wp-admin with administrator privileges

I made the following change in your child theme:

.woocommerce-product-gallery.avada-product-gallery .avada-product-gallery-thumbs-wrapper {
  position: relative;
}
/*
div#fotogalerij{
	height: 650px;
}
*/

@media screen and (max-width: 710px) {
/*div#fotogalerij {
height: 20% !important;
}*/
}

Please review the results and let me know if you need any other tweaks to the gallery.

So you just commented my css out? 🙂 But when I do this I get the following image and the "omschrijving" is being pushed underneath the thumbnails.

What was your conclusion. I am here all day so we can communicated more quickly.

Cheers

Marco

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 7.36.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 7.36.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 7.36.10 AM.png

Hi, I didn't receive your screenshot but I'm attaching 3 different screen shots here. When I view your gallery at these 3 screen sizes, the main image is displayed, followed by the thumbnails, followed by the "Omschrijving" text. Perhaps I misunderstood your request? Please attach some screenshots showing what you see now, and how this is different from what you would like to see. I'll take another look as soon as possible.

Ahh, to much work. I was looking at the live site. Sorry. I see the solution. It had to be relative.

Thanks!!

Cheers

OK great, glad we got it sorted out. Have a good week.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.