Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Why can't I use ajax filtering if there are forms in the view?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
hidden forms.png

Please help me understand why I cannot use Ajax filtering if there are forms in the loop?
As it is now I have to reload the entire page if update the filter form.
If I remove the forms in the loop Ajax filtering works.

Dear Tina,

What for do you put into the Views loop?
Are we talking about CRED form?
Please check if there is any Javascript error occur in your website when you update the filter form:
Javascript Debugging
Many of the operations in WordPress require Javascript. Any JavaScript error, caused by anything, may stop all further Javascript execution and prevent things from functioning properly.

JavaScript debugging is done using the browser’s built-in Developer Tools, more specifically, using a JavaScript Console. Today, all major browsers feature Developer Tools and a JavaScript Console:

In Chrome, click the Main menu button->More Tools->Developer Tools. Select the Console tab.

No errors in the console.
All forms (in the table) work as they should.
All are CRED forms.
The filter form works if I set it to reload the entire page without AJAX
It is just AJAX filtering that don't work.
If I remove all CRED forms inside the table, the AJAX filtering works.

Thanks for the details, I can duplicate same problem, and escalated this ticket to our 2nd tier supporters , will update this thread if there is any news.

How is it going with this?

Here is feedback from our developers, it is in our to-do list of CRED 1.8.8, our developers are working on it. I am not sure when will it be released, but you can subscribe to our blog to get the updated news:
https://toolset.com/blog/

Hi Tina,

Could you please try this Errata: CRED Commerce 1.3 triggers error when checkout
and let me know if it solves your issue?

Thanks.

Can you please send me a link to the Errata, I'm unable to find it

I am not really sure what you want me to test. There is no solution to the Errata. Did you send me the correct link?

How is this going

Dear Tina,

Here is the updated news:
I just checked it in our to-do list, our developers are still working on it, and the fix version is CRED 2.1, I am not sure when will it be released, but you can subscribe to our blog to get the updated news:
https://toolset.com/blog/

Currently, I suggest you do not use CRED form in a Views with ajax filter search form.

To make sure I understand your reply.
"... and the fix version is CRED 2.1"

Do you mean that the fix is planned to be implemented in version 2.1 of CRED (currently on 1.9)?

Yes, you are right, the fix is planned to be implemented in version 2.1 of CRED, our developers are still working on it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.