Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When logged out, cannot see submission form on submit new form page.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I created a link to the submission form page for my client. She doesn't see it, neither do I if I'm logged out. If I'm logged in, I see it.
What is preventing the form page to not show the form?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

If seems you are talking about the post form "Add Dog for Sale". To grant access to Guest users, you will have to navigate to:
=> Toolset => Access Control => Post forms tab => under section "Post Forms Frontend Access" you should grant access to guest user and save the settings.

Please check the following Doc:
- https://toolset.com/course-lesson/controlling-access-to-front-end-forms/

OK, I see now that the user needs to be logged in to use the form page. But it is a little confusing for them to login to the backend, then go find that page the form is on and use it. Is there a way they can easily go to that page from the front end to fill in the online form for Add a Dog to their site. That was the main reason, I use toolset because my clients don't want to go in the backend and do all of that.
Just trying to figure out how to display that form for them.

Minesh
Supporter

First thing I need to know is do you want to offer the form to public guest users or to only loggedin users?

You should try to add the link to the page where you added the form or add that page to menu.

Only the site owner will use the form. But the way it is now, I have her go to her own page, click the link for the submission page form, but she has to login to even do that. Too many steps. Do I have to have the Access plugin? My other sites don't have to go through all these steps. They can go right to the "Add New Dog" page and start filling in the info. They only have to login to edit the dog.

Minesh
Supporter

But that is what I'm asking:
- If you want that user should be able to access the page after loggedin only then user must be logged in first

If you can share bit more details what user you want to allow access to and where you want to put the link of "Add New Dog" page and share admin access details as well as the user you want to allow the access to "Add New Dog" page.

Once I check and review your setup I'll be able to guide you in the right direction.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

I have removed the access plugin and it is working now for my client. Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

Glad to know that. you are welcome to close this ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.