Skip Navigation

[Resolved] waqar please

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinP-13 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

waqar i like the new set up , but i am really really struggling with getting the views sorted as there is no connection like i was used to.
I have now been having the same issues with the same few pages for a few weeks , while i appreciate all the help , without a working example it is getting complicated and too many issues in one ticket(why i marked resolved i can go back and read) , my issues are revolving around the same basic things for all my views.
i am going to open 3 tickets with 1 issuee in each, thankyou

single event page

example page hidden link (must be logged in)

single event page

i have the stake and the judges done

under the places ,
FIRST PLACE AND GUNS CHOICE

FTCH
(i cant get the person custom field "affix before" to show here )TEST DOG 1 ( problem i see is how to get the info from person custom field to dog participation)
TEST DOG 1

Owner:
test person E B 24343 Affix Grumpy
test person D A 12524 Affix Tintagel
test person C NP 37947 Affix dasiypicker
test person B B 34323 Affix gommorah
test person A A 23422 Affix MALLOWDALE
i cannot get just the owner of the dog at this event to show rather than all (again it seems to be a problem to get a person particptions linked to the dog)

Handler will be same as owner with differant condition set (handler instead of owner)

breeder

cannot get the breeder to show same issue as above.....

sire
sire: FTCH test dog 2???????new view?? again cannot get the person custom field "affix before" to show ,(this would be the same as above i presume) also i cannot get the dogs info to show ie:

SIRE:
OFTW dasiypicker test dog 2 Breeder: test person C Judge Status: NP37947 Breeder Affix:dasiypicker
example here hidden link

the above , what would probley take you 3 minutes has now taken me weeks with no success , i feel with a working example and the literature on the previous tickets i can get near to my target. after work, kids, and dogs i am up until 4am every night trying to do this(this was my fear if you recall on the new structure) . im now at a point of deleting the server it taking over my life that much. which would be a shame as its come so far with your help and guidance....
ticket 1 of 3 , with the 3 tickets i feel confident i can complete all views myself with examples to put your written words into context

thank you as always.
martinprocter@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Martin,

Thank you for starting new tickets for different topics. This makes it efficient for everyone involved.

To simplify which information you can access directly in a content template or view and which parts will need additional nested views, you first can list the available information on the top, like I have included in the view "view to show dog appearances in single event page" ( hidden link ).

Screenshot Backend:
hidden link

Screenshot Frontend:
hidden link
( source: hidden link )

As for your nested view "view to show person in results of an event on single event page" ( hidden link ), the "Query Filter" section was set to use relationship filter, which wasn't correct.

What we need from that view is to get all the "Person Appearances" posts, where the "Person Appearance Role" custom field is equal to our desired role and the "Person Appearance Dog" field is equal to the ID of the current dog post.

Screenshot: hidden link

After updating the query filter with these two conditional, you'll only get correct posts results and will no longer need the "wpv-conditional" shortcode in the view's content template.

As a result, you'll be able to show all Owners participations like this:

[wpv-view name="view-to-show-person-in-results-of-an-event-on-single-event-page" wpvrelatedto="[wpv-post-id item='@dog-dog-appearance.parent']" role="Owner"]

Please note how we're passing our required dog's and role's information in the view's shortcode.

The good thing about this view is that it can be reused for getting persons with other roles too, only by changing the shortcode attribute value for "role".

Examples:

[wpv-view name="view-to-show-person-in-results-of-an-event-on-single-event-page" wpvrelatedto="[wpv-post-id item='@dog-dog-appearance.parent']" role="Judge"]

[wpv-view name="view-to-show-person-in-results-of-an-event-on-single-event-page" wpvrelatedto="[wpv-post-id item='@dog-dog-appearance.parent']" role="Handler"]

[wpv-view name="view-to-show-person-in-results-of-an-event-on-single-event-page" wpvrelatedto="[wpv-post-id item='@dog-dog-appearance.parent']" role="Breeder"]

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

thankyou waqas that really helped , how ever , the breeder isnt set in the person appearance as the dogs breeder never changes it remains constant, i think i set the breeder in the custom post type dog (dog breeder). i think i worked this out correct ?

so i would need a new view to get the breeder ? and i woulnt need the querry for role etc??

ignore this i actually figured it out!! (somehow ha)

waqar1.png

so now on this page ( its really close now im very happy!!) i have image waqar 1:

i seem to be struggling with the same thing here , how to get from the event id( page im on)

to dogs appearances and then to person appeances. i feel this is the main sticking point on the whole site? if i can get this sorted i think im off and away!!

thanks as alwys waqar
martin

thx

Hi Martin,

First, sorry for the delay in getting back on this. We had an unusually high number of tickets in the queue, the last couple of days.

1. To make the output from the view "view to show affix in results on the single event page" to show in the same line, you can check the option "Disable the wrapping DIV around the View".

You'll find it just above the "Output Editor" section.
( screenshot: hidden link )

2. To get the "person affix after" field value from the breeder (person) post connected to a dog, you can create a new view, as "View to get person affix after".
( hidden link )

You'll just need to provide the ID of the target dog in that view's shortcode.
( screenshot: hidden link - source: hidden link )

Similarly, you can re-use this view to fetch any Person's "person affix after" field value, using the dog's post ID.

3. To show additional fields from the person post that is attached as a breeder to a dog post, you can create a duplicate of the new view "View to get person affix after" and then change include more custom fields like Breeder name, Judges Panel, judges book number etc.

regards,
Waqar

thankyou waqar , i have done this page now , im very happy , number 3 was incorrect , it was showing the details for the dog with the place. i re reread the previous help and manage to pass all the correct info and display , a very proud moment ! as usual
thanks for helping me!
maritn

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.