Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Wanting to save "Shipping Address" user fields when registering a new user

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MiquelC1907 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
User Register Form.png
User Fields Control Screen.png

I am trying to: Save "Customer Shipping Address" user fields when registering a new user

In the "User Field Control" screen (Types plugin) I've set the user fields: Shipping_postcode ,shipping_address, shipping_city under Types control. (by the mean of the "Add to Types Control" bulk action).

This way i can see and include those in the CRED form I've created to register new users.
When registering a new user, First name, last name, pasword, email, etc, are saved but the "customer Shipping addres" group of fields are not saved.

I've tried many things but no success up to now.

Thanks,

Miquel

To add Custom Fields of 3rd Party Plugins to CRED, you should add them in CRED > Custom Fields
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/letting-cred-edit-custom-fields-created-by-other-plugins/

If those are User Fields, the same applies but it's under the menu CRED > User Fields.

Please note that you need to set a Type of the Field, and that many Plugins use Custom Types for their fields, which may brake the functionality of it.

Usually fields like Single Lines and text fields work just great, while Date fields and other sixth specific formats, may break.

This is not something CRED can control, as it is up to every Plugin how they store the data and format it.

Please let me know if the above solution works for you, I look forward to your reply!

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Beda,

Thanks for your answer.
I've tried what is explained in the link, with no success yet.

The fieds I wanted to update with CRED where Woocommerce custom fields.

Finally I created specific Types user fields for the purpose of my solution, instead of using the Woocommerce ones. So far, so good.

Best regards,

Miquel

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.