Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Visitors see only partial, teaser content / Specific pages

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I want to create partial, teaser content for visitors.

I want to create this (same teaser) for:

1. Every search results, for example:
hidden link

2. Every archive page, for example:
hidden link

I tried to learn from the lesson: https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1645291-1651873/ but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tomer,

Thank you for getting in touch.

So if I understand correctly you want your logged out users to see limited content?

Are you creating this with the Block editor for views ?

Please let me know so that I can correctly advise you on this one.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Please have a look here: hidden link

This is basically what I want. I want to hide part of the page so only login members will be able to see it all.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tomer,

The issue is I need to know if you are creating this view using our Toolset Blocks or are you using the classic editor for view.

Once I know this I can best describe how to achieve your goal.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,
With Toolset blocks (created a page and add toolset view block, and create a view from there).

If you need a user details to check on my wordpress, I gave it in the previous tickets.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tomer,

Thank you for the information. In this case you will need to make use of the conditional blocks .
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-conditional-block/

Please have a look at our tutorial on how to use the conditional blocks and let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Checking and I'll let you know. Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tomer,

Thank you, you can provide an update once you're able to look at the issue.

If you run into any difficulties please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

partial content view.PNG
stockdetect teaser mockup example.PNG

Hi,

I'm sorry I don't understand the solution.

I understand that I need to add a conditional block to my explore page.
Eventually I want to hide part of the explore page (attached a mockup example) as a teaser.

So if I create a condition block of "current user role" - "guest" I would like them to see the teaser

Do I need to create the teaser as a different block and put it somehow over part of the view, or I can do this inside the view?

Thanks

Hi
Any update?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tomer,

Essentially you are on the correct track with this statement here.
So if I create a condition block of "current user role" - "guest" I would like them to see the teaser

Creating the conditional block will allow you to add whatever content you want to be the teaser for that post. So i'm assuming you're creating a view block, so the conditional block will go inside the view block.

Additionally you will need 2 conditional blocks inside the view, the first will be set to only display for guests and the second will display for when the users are not guests.

Do I need to create the teaser as a different block and put it somehow over part of the view, or I can do this inside the view?

You can do it in this view, you will just need 2 conditional blocks as explained above, please let me know if this is clear or if further assistance is needed.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok, I understand i need to create to Continental block using the same view. one for guest and one to members.
But when i put the view inside the first condition - how to are add the teaser to the block?

thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tomer,

There isn't a teaser block per say, you will essentially need to add to that block what you want your users to see. An Idea is that you can add the Image block and set it to display the Post featured image, or you can use the single field block and set it to display the post excerpt itself.

Anything you want to be the teaser can be added to the conditional block.

Thanks,
Shane

I originally created the view in a page view: "explore": hidden link
The view name is: Search Page View 1.4

I created now a new page: "hidden link"
I added there two conditions blcoks.
one condition block: for guest - and i added the the view (Search Page View 1.4)
second condition block: for members - and i added the the view (Search Page View 1.4)

questions:
1. I don't have the block settings as in the original "explore" page: (no content selection option with query options). So currently I don't see any results under hidden link
2. How do I create the teaser inside the view at the guest conditional block?

please check the original website flow to see what I need: click hidden link and search for "renewable energy"

I can create a user for you to see it in my wordpress (is this message private or public?)
Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tomer,

Yes please create an admin user for me as its perhaps easier to setup a demonstration for you.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.