Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Visibility to Google of posts on member site with Toolset Access

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by simonM-5 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi Toolset

We have a member's site and was wondering how this affects Google crawling through our site.

For example, a nanny or a family logs in with us and can create ads to advertise themselves to the other party.

I was wondering if these ads/posts are publicly crawlable for Google, or whether Google is disallowed from crawling them because they are created using pages only accessible to certain roles defined within Toolset Access?

Ideally Google should be allowed to crawl those posts too and index/display the information in Google search results.

Can you give us any information about this? Is this something we can influence/control? If yes where?

Thanks and kind regards
Simon

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Simon,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately Toolset isn't able to control whether google crawls your webpages or not. This feature will require an SEO plugin.

You should be able to achieve this using the YOAST plugin.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

OK thanks Shane. We have Yoast so I will contact their support for further steps and advice

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.