Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Views stop BeaverBuilder Archive page for Woo shop working

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Author

This si what the Shop should look like
hidden link

Go here and press F5 to relaod the page
hidden link

Go back to shop page, gone!

Go to:
hidden link
and just press Save settings. The shop page is back.

Disable Views:
hidden link

Press F5 here again:
hidden link

Shop page still works!

You can do anything to the staging site.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi there

I logged in to your staging site. The shop page was blank (i.e. it had a header and footer, but there were no products displayed).

I visited your next link, using BB, and refreshed the page, and the shop page was still empty.

So I saved the WC settings page, per your instructions, and returned to the shop page, and this time it displayed correctly.

I then confirmed your steps of refreshing the BB page and returning to the shop page to find it empty.

Now I deactivated Views and the shop page is still empty.

I restored the shop page by resaving the settings, and this time updating the BB page didn't break the shop page.

So Views being active appears to be a factor.

But you are not using Views to create a custom product archive (a custom shop page).

What are you using to customise the shop page?

Hi Nigel

Good you could recreate it after all!

No, I'm just using a Beaver Buidler Themer Archive to display the shop.

Backend:
hidden link

In BB:
hidden link

No Views are used there.

Hi, I wasn't able to find anything obviously wrong in wp-admin that would cause this issue. I don't see any Views, Content Templates, or WordPress Archives that would be interfering like this. I'm going to try creating a clone of your site so I can install it locally and run some additional tests. Please stand by and I will keep you updated here.

Quick update to let you know I was able to replicate the problem in my local clone of your site, but even with other plugins deactivated and a default theme active I was unable to determine the reason why Views and WPML would be overriding the Shop page design like this when a secondary page is edited with BB. I've escalated this issue to my 2nd tier support team for further investigation, and I will keep you posted here as I receive information.

Hi Christian
Good you could replicate it. Hope they find the bug.

Cheers

Just to let you know, we are using the staging site for a WPML bug that disables the Inline Editing in BB.
When you have a solution let me know and I'll try it on the staging.

Okay I'll keep you updated here. Our 2nd tier team is still investigating this issue.

Hi

Can we please sort this out? The site still regularly breaks when I work on it.

Hi, I apologize this is taking longer than expected. I haven't forgotten about this issue. My 2nd tier team is investigating the problem but has not found a good solution yet. Yesterday I received an update that they thought the problem was related to the translation status of the BB Themer Layout "Shop Page BB", but I could not confirm that. Even after completing the translation in my local copy of the site, the problem returned when I edited the custom page you mentioned using the BB editor. I replied back to my 2nd tier team that the problem was not resolved by completing the translation, and they are still investigating. I will keep you posted as I receive more information.

Hello, just another quick update to let you know my second tier support team is still investigating this problem. This has proven to be a difficult issue to debug. I will keep you up-to-date as I receive additional information.

---

It over 2 weeks now!

I received an update in our weekly meeting this morning that 2nd tier has been working through the problem and is focused on rewrite rules at the moment. Working backwards through the request lifecycle they have found that the issue occurs before pre_get_posts, but have yet to isolate the problem. I'll keep you posted here if there is any news to report.

This issue has been further escalated to our developers for investigation. Our second tier team was not able to pinpoint the cause of the difference in rewrite rules, applied as far back as the parse_request hook with -1 priority. The matched rule is "shop/?$", but that rule does not exist in the broken case flow. I'll keep you posted as I receive more information.